Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The car club I belong to, FIAT America is hosting our 2nd tour of the year. This Saturday, February 1, we'll be touring to Santa Cruz to see the Monarch Butterflies at Natural Bridges State Park.

We'll be meeting in Woodside at Robert's Market (3015 Woodside Rd, Woodside, CA) at 8:30am with a driver's meeting at 8:45am and then departing shortly after that for about a 2-hour tour.

Right now there are about 18 people signed up which translates to about 15 or 16 cars). The cars on the tour will range from Fiat 124 Spiders (new and classic) to a FIAT Brava Sedan, (probably one or more) Fiat X1/9's, a Ferrari (something interesting and high mileage), a FIAT 1500 Cabriolet as well as a few flavors of the Fiat 500 (new, not classic). It'll be a bigger tour so we'll break people up into 3 groups.

There is a $10 vehicle day-use/parking fee. (Senior 62+ $9, age 62), but there might be street parking available as well. There is a relatively short walk on a paved, wheelchair accessible pathway to the grove. The butterflies can be difficult to spot, so if you have binoculars you might want to bring them. I'm a photogapher so I'll bring a camera and some sort of longish lens.

There's an optional lunch, although if you want to attend, please contact me so I can get you added to the list. And then an optional 2-hour tour back to Robert's Market.

This isn't a race and there's no pressure to drive fast or faster than the posted speed limit. Each group will have a tail gunner who will be there to make sure no one gets lost or left behind. And there are several stops along the way for the groups to regroup and talk about the scenery, the roads, eat snacks people bring along, etc.

Feel free to contact me or post here with questions...

Larry

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow. What a day we had. Gorgeous weather, wonderful windy roads, a few Monarch butterflies, a great lunch and then more windy roads!

All in all, we drove about 125 or so miles over a day that saw us roll out for the start of the tour at 9am. By 11:15, we were in Santa Cruz to see the butterflies, walk through a gorgeous park, take a leisurely drive along the coast (Cliff Drive for those that know the area) before heading to a local restaurant for lunch. We returned back to the parking lot we started from around 5:30pm with a few stops along the way to regroup and to enjoy the scenery and the sun setting over the hills.

There were a total of 16 cars - 4 Classic Fiats - 124 Spiders and X1/9s, 3 modern 124 Spiders, 2 500s (an Pop and an Abarth), a Toyota Celica Convertible, a new Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, a GTV, a Ferrari F355 and two Tesla Model 3s.

Larry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts