Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,510 Posts
Yes, that should work fine if your Miata is a ND. From my TPMS Specs:

ABARTH (and MY 2019, 2020 Classica & Lusso) wheel rims have/require individual TPMS sensors:
• North America: 315 Mhz
• UK/Europe + Australia: 433 Mhz; details

Procedure to Reset TPMS, or register sensor’s ID codes after wheel changes:
• Ign ON (not ACC; more)
• Ign OFF, wait 20 min.
• Drive ≥ 16 mph (24 kmh) for ≥10 min.

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that should work fine if your Miata is a ND. From my TPMS Specs:

ABARTH (and MY 2019, 2020 Classica & Lusso) wheel rims have/require individual TPMS sensors:
• North America: 315 Mhz
• UK/Europe + Australia: 433 Mhz; details

Procedure to Reset TPMS, or register sensor’s ID codes after wheel changes:
• Ign ON (not ACC; more)
• Ign OFF, wait 20 min.
• Drive ≥ 16 mph (24 kmh) for ≥10 min.
All of this reset stuff is so interesting… I swear I never did anything swapping back and forth summer/winter wheels on the Abarth. I suppose I might have done something the very first time I changed wheels but who can remember back that far???

And thx Dan. I’m buying a ‘22 M/T GT so, yes, ND. My only real question about that concerns getting the car home… And that’s not one for you to answer anyway! There are just a lot of logistics to manage and different ways to make it work out… If I hadn’t just been hit by a car I’d feel (literally) better about driving…

· Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
2,237 Posts
Yea the Abarth and the Mazda are the same sensors, no reset or anything is required if memory serves. If you had one of the lower trims they use abs sensors and also would be ok but you should remove the sensors to keep from having interference with the radio frequency module.

· Registered
2017 124 Classica
709 Posts
Didn't know they put sensors on the 19 / 20 classica/lusso.

The wheel speed sensor method used on the 2017 is absolute ballsack. So many false alarms, and it doesn't ACTUALLY go off if all the tires are equally low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts