Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any progress with an aluminum removable receiver version from Pacomotorsports? I thought Celbii was pursuing this although now I don't see his post that I thought I was replying to a few months back. Their website doesn't show a Fiata version.

Also, has anyone installed the Curt with the Record Monza? My exhaust is on order and if nothing better I may go ahead with the Curt at the same time I swap exhausts. The opening under light its not too obtrusive and still far from the low point on the car. It weighs 28 lbs which is more than the 11 lb aluminum ND but not much compared to the rack and two bikes.

I see that the Curt "requires" a non-wheeled attachment (bike rack, cargo carrier) to be strapped to the car to keep from stressing the system as it bounces. I hate to attach their hook to the trunk lid, somewhat defeats the purpose of having the hitch mount. Maybe the headrests when the top is down?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Any progress with an aluminum removable receiver version from Pacomotorsports? I thought Celbii was pursuing this although now I don't see his post that I thought I was replying to a few months back. Their website doesn't show a Fiata version.

Also, has anyone installed the Curt with the Record Monza? My exhaust is on order and if nothing better I may go ahead with the Curt at the same time I swap exhausts. The opening under light its not too obtrusive and still far from the low point on the car. It weighs 28 lbs which is more than the 11 lb aluminum ND but not much compared to the rack and two bikes.

I see that the Curt "requires" a non-wheeled attachment (bike rack, cargo carrier) to be strapped to the car to keep from stressing the system as it bounces. I hate to attach their hook to the trunk lid, somewhat defeats the purpose of having the hitch mount. Maybe the headrests when the top is down?
I talked to them and we were a bit slow back and forth but we finally got to the point where we were ready to move forward (basically just using their existing product and adding another whole to the hitch to allow it to drop below the 124 spider rear brake light). I ended up keeping my vehicle that already has a hitch for my bike rack installed so I lost interest in doing one on the spider, but if you wanted you could contact them. I kinda left with the ball in their court as they never got back to me after getting to that point so I'm not sure what happened.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Curt Hitch - I re-read the GregoryD description of the Curt Miata hitch install at E-Trailer and realize he just left the fascia support off since the included substitute brackets for the Miata did not fit. Has anyone solved this, or is it somehow OK to go without? I can do minor fabrication short of welding for a different bracket, but I'd like to know what I'm in for before I start.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts