Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
last week I was run of the road by someone making an illegal turn. fortunately no one was hurt and no paint was exchanged. my right front wheel was gouged up pretty bad cosmetically and my tire bead was separated. I was able to jack up my car and inflate the tire and get home without a tow (buy a jack....). my shopping cart at tire rack had the wheels and tires sitting in it, so I guess this time is as good as any and I pulled the trigger. ordered on Friday and delivered on Monday, cannot complain about that. the tires were ordered without tpms sensors. previously I had made a "TPMS B-S'er", using some pvc pipe, two caps, and a shraeder valve. the sensors inside the assembly were ordered from the e-place. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-OE-56...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 ...... after changing the wheels and tires, I just chunked the B-S'er in the trunk and took it for a test drive. no rubbing no tpms lights, everything working as advertised... yay!!! pictures are not attaching

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You got off pretty easily. Could have been much worse.
yes, I was fortunate. my speed was within the limit and I have a decent reaction time. $1000.00 poorer, but new wheels and tires did take away a bit of the sting

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts