Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to overthink this, but when you open the trunk of the car, the two small lights on the inside top of the trunk lid are supposed to light up, yes? Mine do not...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Reach down and to your left in the trunk. There is a switch there for a trunk light.

I too was wondering what those 2 lights attached to the trunk lid do as they do not light for me either.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
It took me a few days to figure this out. I found it in the owner's manual :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Of course I thought the same thing since my NB's license plate light comes on when I open the trunk, so I went hunting to see where the light was and found the one on the panel with a switch, I just left it off until I can verify that when the lid closes the light will turn off.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Of course I thought the same thing since my NB's license plate light comes on when I open the trunk, so I went hunting to see where the light was and found the one on the panel with a switch, I just left it off until I can verify that when the lid closes the light will turn off.
Yes, they turn off when you close the lid. It says that in the manual somewhere.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Guys how do you dismantle the trunk light housing, I want to attach a LED strip light opposite to this, so I need to remove the light housing. I don't want to break or anything it already looks fragile there. thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Guys how do you dismantle the trunk light housing, I want to attach a LED strip light opposite to this, so I need to remove the light housing. I don't want to break or anything it already looks fragile there. thanks
Gently pry it out. I can't remember if the tabs are on the top or sides, but it came out fairly easily.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I did this exact same thing and yes it is a bit fragile. I found it easiest to simply pop the little black plastic retainers and pull the entire panel out. This way it is easy to access the back of the light housing, attach your wiring and run it behind the paneling to the underside of the forward edge of the trunk. Put in 24 " Led strip lighting. Can't see the actual strip when you are standing behind the car but the trunk is very well lit!. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts