Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have a source for the black plastic push-in panel retainers for the trunk (and probably elsewhere) liner panels? I was doing some sound deadening in the trunk pan, broke a few of the retainers when taking it all apart, and a few others don’t have a good bite now. Is the best bet to sift through the available generic stuff at the auto parts store, or has someone found an actual replacement? Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a couple from Fiat (for the wheel arch spoiler). Eye-watering price for what they were but cheaper than losing a bit of trim.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Google Amazon Car Retainer Clips. Plentiful options for the cost of a couple OEM ones.
Yah, there’s lots of options out there. The link that @ameridan posted should hopefully do the trick. It’s hard to tell on Amazon which ones actually fit, so I was hoping someone had already been down that road. I’ll try those first. He sounded pretty confident, so I’m sure they’ll do fine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yah, there’s lots of options out there. The link that @ameridan posted should hopefully do the trick. It’s hard to tell on Amazon which ones actually fit, so I was hoping someone had already been down that road. I’ll try those first. He sounded pretty confident, so I’m sure they’ll do fine.
I don't have the actual post, but a while back somebody posted a link to a particular collection of retainers purchased via amazon. What stuck with me was the comment that there were such a wide variety for the cost of just a couple of OEM retainers that there was a fair (high?) likelihood to find what you need. Alternatively, I have been able to find individual retainers at lower-than-OEM cost at my local auto parts store. Just take the damaged one and look for something close, in the trunk it does not matter that much if it's an exact fit, IMO.

Thx, S

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe I’ll probably look to see if I can find a large variety/assortment there just to have. Both interior and body panel. I thought Harbor Freight had them, but I didn’t see any last time there, may have been out of stock...? I’ll check again next time, but amazon might be the ticket for bulk assortment, which again, isn’t a bad plan. Local parts stores usually have a few per package, and some variety, but I’d like a large assortment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do we have a source for the black plastic push-in panel retainers for the trunk (and probably elsewhere) liner panels? I was doing some sound deadening in the trunk pan, broke a few of the retainers when taking it all apart, and a few others don’t have a good bite now. Is the best bet to sift through the available generic stuff at the auto parts store, or has someone found an actual replacement? Thanks!
I did the same thing- broke most of the fasteners. Found replacements at Quark Parts which I found on amazon. Reasonable price. You will find the fasteners for the Mazda Miata. They are the same thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the fasteners that @ameridan had recommended, also got on amazon and ordered a few different bulk collections of assorted fasteners... should be covered for just about anything that comes up in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts