Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Classica
99 Posts
Sold out - looks like I was too slow and you all helped out another small business.
Cool idea - Anyone have them installed on their spider? The page has a warning about ‘extra weight’ and how they won’t work - since the spider and Miata are not identical and I don’t recall about ever hearing about trunk lid weight, anyone have them installed and seen them work?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sold out - looks like I was too slow and you all helped out another small business.
Cool idea - Anyone have them installed on their spider? The page has a warning about ‘extra weight’ and how they won’t work - since the spider and Miata are not identical and I don’t recall about ever hearing about trunk lid weight, anyone have them installed and seen them work?
I believe the extra weight they refer to is if you have a trunk rack installed.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Not only is the 124 Spider trunk lid larger and heavier, but it also has a liner, spoiler, car logo badging, license plate lights, trunk release, rear camera, and the CHMSL lamp (and a larger wiring harness) - all of which aren't in the Miata version, accounting for the extra weight note. I was just specifying that I had the lightest version of the 124 Spider trunk lids ;)

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Need? Want? Bored? Whatever floats your boat!! Remember the guy on the show Dream Car Garage? "Do you need this car? No. Do you want this car, oh yea!" Not an exact quote, but you get the point. Did any of us here need a 124? Touche!

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
393 Posts
The reviews mention that the kit on a Miata makes the trunk open alarmingly quick. Perhaps the added weight of the 124 trunk would offset some of the “speed”.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts