Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if Euro Compulsion is the only reliable tune option similar to the Cobb AP. Not looking to go the piggyback route or have to pull the ECU etc.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That depends on what you’re looking for. I’m running Tork and prefer it over the others. The speedmotive tune is cheapest but it makes less power than the others.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WHich is the best choice from Tork, OpenFlash & Eurocompulsion? Looks like OF has the best price. At most, the car will get DV, intake, exhaust & tune. Just looking for a reliable decent tune that I don't have to send 50 logs back & forth to get right

·
Registered
292 Posts
Don’t go for openflash. From what I’ve seen with the 500 market, they haven’t quite figured out how the ECU works and their OTS tunes leave plenty of refinement on the table. Worse yet, they changed tables that they shouldn’t have and they aren’t creating index files for custom tuning which is all very unfortunate because that platform would be great; in theory.

Take a look at what many say on this forum, fiat500usaforum and more. I can’t tell you what’s best for you, that’s up to you to decide. Are you looking to race? What kind of racing? If racing is off the table, then you might want to ask someone else :).

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
WHich is the best choice from Tork, OpenFlash & Eurocompulsion? Looks like OF has the best price. At most, the car will get DV, intake, exhaust & tune. Just looking for a reliable decent tune that I don't have to send 50 logs back & forth to get right
Without opening a whole new can of worms, Eurocompulsion and Tork are the two popular ones here. I don't race but these two seem to lend themselves to good amount of tuning, and depending on what you end up doing to the car, you may have to add/change some components to keep the engine happy. I can only speak for EC as I have their P2 tune. Service is first class and their tune works very well with my Spider.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don’t go for openflash. From what I’ve seen with the 500 market, they haven’t quite figured out how the ECU works and their OTS tunes leave plenty of refinement on the table. Worse yet, they changed tables that they shouldn’t have and they aren’t creating index files for custom tuning which is all very unfortunate because that platform would be great; in theory.

Take a look at what many say on this forum, fiat500usaforum and more. I can’t tell you what’s best for you, that’s up to you to decide. Are you looking to race? What kind of racing? If racing is off the table, then you might want to ask someone else :).
No, just a street car. Just looking for wake her up a little

1 - 8 of 8 Posts