Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a blast today in our Fiat 124, showing off our Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Ohlins, RollBar, etc. Customer dropped in for visit from Canada rode to ride in our Project Fiat 124. He tells me that he weighed his Abarth 17x7 stock wheels at 22 pounds each....and nearly a foot of balance strip weights in each...OUCH. He got to see these in person and is looking forward to dropping 7 pounds of unsprung weight per corner. He owned an NC Gen Miata with our Complete Exhaust system and wanted to hear our Fiat system, and loved it.

ROLL BAR Install finished this week on our Project Fiat 124 and had to see it paired up with 6UL 14.8 Pound TUNGSTEN 17x8 wheels and our QUAD exhaust and our caliper conversions. Got stoplight compliments twice today, and another guy approvingly asking: "What Car is THAT?"

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for the great visit today Brian and for being so patient while I peppered you with question after question. The ride in the car really helped put my concerns regarding the exhaust sound at ease. Sounded mellow when you needed it to and like a "mini maserati" ( your words ) when you put your foot into it. Soon as I get home I will be putting in the order for the full exhaust,...or maybe that big brake kit, or those gorgeous tungsten 6UL wheels,.....oh crap, I am just going to send you all my paycheques and you keep shipping stuff ok?

Cheers,

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thanks for visiting, great fun talking with you, any excuse to drive around as 'working' ....works for me!
Great looking wheels ! Much nicer than stock 124 / Abarth...

·
Registered
594 Posts
That's a lot of weight in a narrow wheel. The worst of both worlds. Between the battery and the wheels it sounds there's a lot of dead weight that can be dropped with no negative trade offs.

Are the Miata wheels that heavy or is it just a Fiat thing?

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a lot of weight in a narrow wheel. The worst of both worlds. Between the battery and the wheels it sounds there's a lot of dead weight that can be dropped with no negative trade offs.

Are the Miata wheels that heavy or is it just a Fiat thing?
The Miata version of same fitment 17x7 is just a bit over 17 pounds....about five pounds per corner under the weight of Abarth version.

So, indeed just a Fiat thing on the weight, Mazda is always super careful to keep their unsprung weight very light. Optional BBS 17x7 for Club version of the Miata is just 15 pounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts