Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason the word seems to be getting out slowly. It seems that people are only aware of Euro+Drive Lite, Dimsport Rapid (same hardware but different tune), and 500M.

Although I heavily favor Euro+Drive Lite, I do want to point out there are other choices. If you don't like me, or just want something different, here are some alternatives that I haven't seen discussed here before.

1. RoadRace. I have been to this shop. I have talked to the owner Rob several times. He is accomplished racer and enthusiast, not just some guy selling parts. I have used his tuner box, and it's good. I have NOT used it on 124, but he does have it listed on his 124 page, so perhaps it works. It may be worth asking him. http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=207_234 He typically offers two versions. They have the same tune, but one has a trigger which can be used to activate stuff, smoke screen, oil slick, water injection, etc.

2. TMC. This is a decent product at a decent price. I don't think they have a 124 specific tune (they might), but it has enough adjustment that you could get it dialed in pretty easily. The last time I used one it had 9 adjustment positions, of which about 2 or three would work well on any given car. It seems they have now replaced the external knob adjustment with bluetooth. Pretty cool. http://www.tmcmotorsport.com/product/1

I have used both of these products before, although only on the 500 Abarth. I am certain the TMC module will work on the 124, but would have to ask Rob about his RR module.

Greg

·
Registered
958 Posts
I sent a request to RR to determine if it works on the 124, but being Sunday, I don't expect an answer today.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I sent a request to RRM to determine if it works on the 124, but being Sunday, I don't expect an answer today.
Here is the message I sent them:
"You show your piggyback ECM under the Fiat 124 performance listing, but the selection criteria only applies to the 5oo. Is there a unit applicable to the 124 Spider. Also, does it connect to the cam position sensor as well as the manifold pressure and boost pressure?"

Here is the response I got from RRM:
"We are still doing testing on this unit. Stay tuned a little longer. We are working on versions for both 2 hookups and 3 hookups. Check back shortly. RRM"

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured he would answer. Rob, the owner is an interesting guy. He normally answers the phone or email. If you talk to him, tell him I said hi. Ask him out the time he won at Pikes Peak, he has a pretty impressive racing history.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts