Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I was sold on the benefits. It's also an extra layer of protection to the exterior paint finish over the turbo. Installed it in May 2017. Still have to paint the ugly turbo mounting bracket.
during the installation of my PTP blanket, I decided to do a polish on the bracket. I used a wire wheel and jewelers rouge on a buffing wheel. although I opted to do a bit less than a mirror polish, it came out well. due to the bracket being steel I just sprayed a clear coat over it to prevent corrosion. sorry but I didn't take any pictures.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Let me know how the paint holds up (yellowing). I was thinking of using high temp paint. If it isn't needed, I'll go with regular paint. If you get a chance, post a picture.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I saw that Madness Autoworks is offering up a turbo blanket for the 124...what do you guys think about the use of one???...they have been around forever...I have never used one...looking for opinions...;)
I expect that installing a thermo blanket would void your warranty. It's a modification to the engine. I would check with a dealer or call FCA customer service before installing. Just saying.

·
Registered
627 Posts
during the installation of my PTP blanket, I decided to do a polish on the bracket. I used a wire wheel and jewelers rouge on a buffing wheel. although I opted to do a bit less than a mirror polish, it came out well. due to the bracket being steel I just sprayed a clear coat over it to prevent corrosion. sorry but I didn't take any pictures.
I painted mine RED with Hi temp paint.. Been well over a 1 year, no issue at all. I did not consider polishing & clear coating it. Sure that would look nice as well.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts