Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now then folks, has anybody used the following Turbo Blanket :-

Funk Turbo Blanket

I am struggling to find a stockest for the PTP or Sila versions of the blankets in the UK. This version wraps around the whole turbo and I was wondering if anybody has used one and can give me their thoughts.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I would be concerned about it interfering with the wastegate actuator.

Reactions: james.today

·
Registered
1 Posts

Funk Turbo Blanket

I am struggling to find a stockest for the PTP or Sila versions of the blankets in the UK. This version wraps around the whole turbo and I was wondering if anybody has used one and can give me their thoughts.
Hi. I bought a PTP turbo blanket from www.turbozentrum.co.uk (based in Manchester) a few months ago for £167.50. It was a special order but got here in a couple of weeks. A few quid cheaper than buying direct from PTP in USA. Hope helpful.

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
569 Posts
That looks like a universal fit blanket. I wouldn't recommend it at that price, chances are it's not going to fit well at all.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tend to agree with Madfiat on the universal fit theory. I have opened the wallet again and purchased the PTP Lava blanket directly from the manufacture in Texas. If I don't get pinged for import duty it actually worked out cheaper than the UK supplier. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
569 Posts
There's even a decent turbo blanket for the 124 available on AliExpress. A few of us have bought them. Seem just as well made as a PTP blanket.

Reactions: pikeman

·
Registered
668 Posts

Funk Turbo Blanket

I’d avoid that, my friend ordered it and we struggled to get it to fit

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider in Isola d'Elba Blue
298 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
That's the one I have - Been on for several thousand miles since February and no issues at all
So, as one forum member once attempted to allude to, it's not set fire to your engine bay? ;) :ROFLMAO:

Added to the shopping cart.

• Haha
Reactions: Kentsmudger

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Good luck on the import duty. They are getting pretty strict on that. Dunno if the value stated triggers them chasing it up at customs but I've been hit everytime with ordered from US.
I concur with high value items. I paid £130 in import fees to UPS for a EuroCompulsion V4 Intake! £130! :mad: Low value items should be okay, and for the most part, avoid import duty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Was it this one? If so, how long have you had it fitted?

Tempted to press the big red button on this!
It’s cheap and it works. Just be aware that it does not come with hardware. You’ll have to source them on your own or be ok with it simply flopped over the top and minimally secured.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It’s cheap and it works. Just be aware that it does not come with hardware. You’ll have to source them on your own or be ok with it simply flopped over the top and minimally secured.
Did you purchase this exact one?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, mine did not come with any hardware so I had to supply a few bolts and a few washers, but that was all. No big deal and saved lots of cash.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts