Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a turbo gauge today and the readings differ wildly from my Torque app. For those with a gauge can you tell me what it reads while the car is idling? My gauge reads -20 and the app reads -11.00 in/hg. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Vaitrix 35PSI Plug and Play and at idle it reads -20ish. Between -18 and -22 depending on how long it's been at idle and temp. I'll take a picture at idle and post later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I installed a turbo gauge today and the readings differ wildly from my Torque app. For those with a gauge can you tell me what it reads while the car is idling? My gauge reads -20 and the app reads -11.00 in/hg. Thanks.
The OBD2 interface is limited in the range of turbo pressure readings it can output - -11 in/hg may be the lower limit. I believe +22PSI or so is the upper limit.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Thanks. You're probably right - I've never seen lower than -12 on the obd readings.
That's the same readings I always got with the torque app too and the same readings I get with the Valtrix gauge.

aloha mike

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Weird, I was reading 20 in/Hg for vacuum in Torque at idle a few days ago when I was playing with it.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Weird, I was reading 20 in/Hg for vacuum in Torque at idle a few days ago when I was playing with it.
I haven't tried the torque app in awhile. perhaps there was an upgrade? I'll try again soon and post up.

aloha mike

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I haven't tried the torque app in awhile. perhaps there was an upgrade? I'll try again soon and post up.

aloha mike
I do have the alt boost setting enabled, maybe that's why.

·
Vendor
3,086 Posts
None of the OBD apps I have tried can read high enough for the 124 at full boost.

A STOCK Fiat 124 will have peak boost of about 21psi. It can vary a bit from there due to environmental conditions, or some other small factors, but generally speaking, you should see a peak of 21psi more often than not.

Greg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Torque app I am using now has recorded a 23.2. boost and a vacuum of -23. Interestingly enough the dial show a minimum of -20 vacuum and a maximum +20 boost. However when you pass those limits the minimum and maximum values change.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
There's an "alt boost" method in Torque for interpolating boost higher than the OBD max, but I have found it to be inaccurate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts