Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice there was some sort of epoxy type substance smeared on the turbo hose ( the one behind the connector for the diverter). Any one else have this? I have the 124 Abarth if that makes any difference. I am just wondering what is the purpose. The photo makes it look like the hose is cracked but it is not.

Thanks
Art

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the quick reply. I am not too worried, but that makes sense that something was glued there (mystery solved). I will swing by the dealer one of these days to see if they can replace it.

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Thanks guys for the quick reply. I am not too worried, but that makes sense that something was glued there (mystery solved). I will swing by the dealer one of these days to see if they can replace it.
Odds are they will either say it doesn't matter and ignore it, or replace the entire hose. Frankly, I don' think it matters, but I could be wrong.

Greg

·
Registered
267 Posts
I snapped a couple shots of the piece and apologize about the phone quality and angle. It's dark in my work garage so was hard to know what i was snapping pics of. The attached shots do show a piece of plastic clearly missing from yours. The piece appears to do nothing and is connected to nothing other than the hose. Maybe used for assembly? You might check down on the bottom of the hose on your car to see if it slid down there, but really can't imagine this is doing anything.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I snapped a couple shots of the piece and apologize about the phone quality and angle. It's dark in my work garage so was hard to know what i was snapping pics of. The attached shots do show a piece of plastic clearly missing from yours. The piece appears to do nothing and is connected to nothing other than the hose. Maybe used for assembly? You might check down on the bottom of the hose on your car to see if it slid down there, but really can't imagine this is doing anything.

Mark

Cool. Thanks for the photos. Good suggestion, i will see if it slid down to the bottom. If its truly useless i won't waste my time going to the dealer just for this.

A little off topic, but today the hood popped up on the freeway at 65mph. Good thing the secondary latch did its job. No harm done. I am not sure if it was due to not properly closing the hood the other day but it was a little disturbing. The hood was in a closed (flush) position before i drove it. I am gonna be checking the hood more often from now on.

Art

·
Registered
267 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the photos. Good suggestion, i will see if it slid down to the bottom. If its truly useless i won't waste my time going to the dealer just for this.

A little off topic, but today the hood popped up on the freeway at 65mph. Good thing the secondary latch did its job. No harm done. I am not sure if it was due to not properly closing the hood the other day but it was a little disturbing. The hood was in a closed (flush) position before i drove it. I am gonna be checking the hood more often from now on.

Art
Definitely check adjustment of the latch mechanism so you don't have to slam it. My s2000 did the exact thing at 65 when new and scared the crap out of me. Hate stopping on the freeway but no choice. There were a few mm's of adjustment in the latch on the engine side that took care of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts