Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally I don'lt really like the cheap looking of the front turning signals.

They would look much better if the housing was pure amber LED, instead of a reflector.

I want to black it(tint it?) out so it matches the bumper, and does not feel so obvious.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
211 Posts
What XR said,

Vinyl tint films are widely available, are cheap, can probably find different smoked tint levels and the turn signals are fairly flat so it should be easy to apply and trim to size.

I installed yellow tint film on my daytime running lights and am very happy with the appearance. it was easy to put on, is holding up well and if I change my mind, is 100% reversible.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I know but you can really only trim in once its on the car
You can take the turn signals out and apply the tint on the bench. Presumably you are worried about damaging the fascia or bumper area, and getting a neat fitting.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yes!

Woo that would take a while wouldn't it...
It's not too bad:

You need to remove the wheel-well liners (on each side). A couple of small bolts (7mm?) and several plastic fender snaps. You may want to either turn the wheels or remove the wheels to get decent access to the liner fasteners. The liners go in the wheel well and under the front fender as a single plastic piece.

Then (If I recall) its 3 or 4 phillips head screws holding the turn signal in place. Remove those and the bulb connection and the turn signal housing comes out. I don't think you have to remove the whole plastic sub-frame with holds the fog light, also, but if you do, it's a few more screws.

Note that the screws go into plastic, so don't over tighten them, when putting it back.

Reactions: Not Sure and Seagas
1 - 9 of 9 Posts