Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have purchased a "half cover" from a company called Classic Additions, it cost £47 including UK delivery and is very effective. The Spider black hood material itself remains dry under the breathable cover, which is held on by non-scratch elastic retainers. The material is reflective to prevent UV fading etc. It is very easy to put on and remove ready to drive, and has fitted door mirror pockets. I am not sure if this company ships to other parts of the world but so far I am very pleased with my purchase.

https://www.classicadditions.com/

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi, timely post. I have been looking at 1/2 covers for tha last few weeks. Decided on a Cabrio Shield 1/2 cover for a 124 Spider, from Prestige Autotrim Products - £101.15 including shipping. It arrived within 24 hrs but it is for a Mazda MX5 ND. It has a cutout for the rear high level brake light. Now for some this may not be a big deal but for me it doesn't look right and the rear could easily lift in the wind. Many emails to the supplier, who maintain they are the manufacturer ( which I doubt) the cover has been returned. They refuse to accept that this cover is not designed for the Fiat, as they claim, but cannot just produce a flat back panel, and therefore refused to refund my return shipping costs. If they advertised it as a Mazda cover that might fit a Fiat, then that is my risk.

On balance very poor cutomer service, very poor design for a Fiat and I am £13 out of pocket for the experience. This is the second case I have had where a supplier, who clearly doesn't understand the differences between the Mazda and Fiat, thinks they can sell any Mazda parts and they will fit a Fiat 124 spider. "Buyer be ware".

I am still in the market for a 1/2 cover but not from PRESTIGE AUTOTRIM PRODUCTS.

Danny

Attachments

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
The Spiderdome sold by 500Madness is very good.

Link

I’m sure they’ll ship to the UK, but I’ll be in Glasgow visiting family for Christmas if anyone wants one brought over. I can mail it on from there and skip the customs hassles.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi guys,

I have purchased a "half cover" from a company called Classic Additions, it cost £47 including UK delivery and is very effective. The Spider black hood material itself remains dry under the breathable cover, which is held on by non-scratch elastic retainers. The material is reflective to prevent UV fading etc. It is very easy to put on and remove ready to drive, and has fitted door mirror pockets. I am not sure if this company ships to other parts of the world but so far I am very pleased with my purchase.

Car Covers for Indoor & Outdoor use | Classic Additions
Can you post up a couple of pics of the cover?

I've got one I think the same as the one from Prestige, not really happy with mine.

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
441 Posts
The Spiderdome sold by 500Madness is very good.

Link

I’m sure they’ll ship to the UK, but I’ll be in Glasgow visiting family for Christmas if anyone wants one brought over. I can mail it on from there and skip the customs hassles.
I've owned one for three years to keep the Cali sun off the soft top and it's performed brilliantly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts