Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Great Video and Explanation Brian.......For UK buyers you have to contact "Racing Beat Europe" to order (they are Mazda MX5 suppliers) and remember extra charges like customs......however, Good-Win exhaust systems are The Best !
Cheers
ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great information, I have a 2019 Abarth 124 and I’ve been interested in an enhanced exhaust. I’m wondering if this system will add to the performance? Additionally, what to expect when in the sport mode and not. I’d like to discuss this further, please! Wes

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great information, I have a 2019 Abarth 124 and I’ve been interested in an enhanced exhaust. I’m wondering if this system will add to the performance? Additionally, what to expect when in the sport mode and not. I’d like to discuss this further, please! Wes
Full 2.5 inch system allows the turbo to spool a lot sooner. Did the dyno work with our RoadsterSport systems but SystemOne is much the same with smooth mandrel bends and much bigger than stock 2.5 inch pipe all the way, and optional highflow Crosspipe, so expect same spool improvements.

Lowest Line (blue) is Best STOCK Pull. Middle Line is Best Pull with just highflow Muffler Upgrade. Highest Line is Best Pull Full Crosspipe, Midpipe, Muffler...Peak HP up 'only' about 15hp but notice total area under the torque curve is massively better, up over 30 Ft/lbs of torque through much of the middle rpm range, peak gains over 50 Ft/lbs at the low end thanks to faster spool for the turbo. All that was with our Classica that lacks a Sport button, you would do slightly better with Sport Button engaged which is just a slightly better tune.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have a 2018 Abarth with a Chipbox installed. In sport mode, I get delightful pops when I take my foot off the gas. It really puts a smile on my face. Doesn't happen in non-sport mode.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts