Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Running around this week on 16x8 Dekagrams with 225/50/16. Cushy!

Old school fat tire looks getting lots of stoplight compliments today on the look of the car in general, and the super FUN RoadsterSport exhaust note in particular!

Looks fantastic mate, no rub with the 225s? I am trying to work out if I will run 205, 215 or 225 on my wheels when they arrive... although they are 16x8 +25.

·
124 Spider Vendor
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed no rub....but offset 35mm

You are talking more aggressive offset with 25mm, that will need a lot of camber, perhaps fender lip roll....and might still rub with same tire.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Indeed no rub....but offset 35mm

You are talking more aggressive offset with 25mm, that will need a lot of camber, perhaps fender lip roll....and might still rub with same tire.
TBH I would probably buy as set of Dekagrams or ampliforms from you if they came in a size (offset) that clears the factory brembos!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Love mine, highly recommend. Look better in person.
Man the wilwoods look good. I almost want them entirely for the looks. That said, the stock brakes have been so good at Autox, I don't want to mess with them.

I didn't love the red stripe on the wheels until you finished the other red trim on the sideskirt. Really ties it all together and looks good.

I just finished having my car paint corrected by Sheer Luxe, the guy did an amazing job which lasted about 20 hours before the lazy mailman scratched my car again...

·
124 Spider Vendor
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I LOVE the red stripe so much we might do a batch that way at some point.

I love the 6 piston wilwoods too, better feel than Brembo 4 piston and far feel than Wilwood 4 piston. Need to drive them all side by side to know the difference. We had one track event with the 4 piston wilwoods in one car, the 6 in another, plus an ND Club with factory Brembo (and same pads in all 3 cars). Event was clockwise at Streets of Willow Springs and all agreed that threshold braking at the end of downhill run out of the bowl made all of us MUCH prefer the 6 piston for ultimate in driver confidence. My team does not agree on all points of car setup, my youngest guy likes more understeer, I prefer a more pointy car, but we all agreed on the 6 piston as the easy winner for best feel and confidence at the limit.

·
124 Spider Vendor
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Working on the next generation Flow Formed wheel with Konig. The Ampliform has been a big hit, trying variations on that design which get a bit less weight, perhaps more brake clearance. Thus, the FREEFORM shown below in both CAD and my cell phone pic from SEMA. Notice it starts with delete of one pair of spokes and then subtle redrafting of the lines and curves. Let me know if you guys like what you see, still many weeks from arriving. With less spoke area the look is not quite as bold as Ampliform, a bit more delicate looking though with flow formed production it will still be far stronger than factory cast wheel and lighter weight.

CAD rendering.

Proto sample at SEMA show.

Starting sizes 17, 18, 19 inch. But, perhaps 15 inch if enough interest?

The actual "bronze" color we are trying is called Radium Bronze. I've attached the picture of it from the show. It's a bit more flashy, but that's been one of the things we've had a request for. So the Matte Silver will be one color and that Radium bronze is the other. Hope to get these arrived with clearance for Brembo but cannot really answer that question until they get on the car for final test fit.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts