Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I'd be interested if they clear the Brembos. Very nice design. I really like that.
Ditto

Gloss Black if possible.

Aloha mike

·
124 Spider Vendor
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Quick video just finished of the new Konig Freeform flow formed wheel in their new bronze color that they call "Radium Bronze". Hope to see these here before end of this month.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
love you guys and appreciate you folks supporting 124 Forum and our cars...but hate the fact most of the wheels don't fit over the factory brembo. grrrrr

sorry had to vent

aloha mike

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Are 16” wheels better than 17” in every way (except looks and sometimes tire availability)?

Lighter, cheaper, more comfortable, better handling?

·
124 Spider Vendor
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
love you guys and appreciate you folks supporting 124 Forum and our cars...but hate the fact most of the wheels don't fit over the factory brembo. grrrrr

sorry had to vent

aloha mike

Venting in the wrong direction, blame Mazda and Brembo, obviously not the job of wheel makers to compromise all their wheel designs so that everything will fit such a fat caliper that Mazda and Brembo decided together to mount on this car in such a manner that most designs don't clear it. And that's before we get to fact that there is zero reason to pay extra for Brembo that has zero performance gain over the stock brakes.

But assuming you or the dealer suckered you into getting version with Brembo, the good news is that we do have some wheels that fit, and we even have a Brembo Big Brake conversion so those calipers can actually give track users a good track setup. See our site for wheels that fit stock Brembo setup, like Hypergram and 6UL wheels in my signature photo. What the site does not currently list is those wheels that don't fit with Brembo in factory position but suddenly do fit when we convert to our big Brembo rotor setup (because moving caliper outward means more clearance). As time permits we will be taking our template for the Brembo big rotor conversion to the new designs and updating that info on the site.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Would be great to see the free forms on a 124.

Do Konig do anything with nice concavity?

·
124 Spider Vendor
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

You can be the first with the Freeforms, they look amazing on NC Miata which is very close in size to the Fiata.

Concavity potential is more about offset than anything else, though brake clearance is also a BIG part of it. In brief that means nothing with concavity will ever clear the chunky Brembo calipers, and most designs leave room these days for modern opposed piston calipers and that leaves offset as the only way to get concavity but this car just not designed to take a 25mm offset wheel in stock fender lips. Below is Advanti Racing Storm 25mm offset 15x8 on early Miata, and again Advanti Racing Storm 17x8 at 45mm offset for ND Miata, see how the 25mm version has a ton of cavity that you don't get in the 45mm offset version on my old Project Blue NC? So, you can fit in factory fenders or you can have that concavity.

·
Registered
106 Posts

You can be the first with the Freeforms, they look amazing on NC Miata which is very close in size to the Fiata.

Concavity potential is more about offset than anything else, though brake clearance is also a BIG part of it. In brief that means nothing with concavity will ever clear the chunky Brembo calipers, and most designs leave room these days for modern opposed piston calipers and that leaves offset as the only way to get concavity but this car just not designed to take a 25mm offset wheel in stock fender lips. Below is Advanti Racing Storm 25mm offset 15x8 on early Miata, and again Advanti Racing Storm 17x8 at 45mm offset for ND Miata, see how the 25mm version has a ton of cavity that you don't get in the 45mm offset version on my old Project Blue NC? So, you can fit in factory fenders or you can have that concavity.

Thanks for the detailed response and pictures. You’ve cleared up my curiosity very well.

What is the shipping value for a set of wheels to Perth, Western Australia? I’m happy for you to DM me.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
All the wheels I like don't clear the Brembos. /forum/images/124Spider/smilies/tango_face_sad.png
Right!!!
Amazing the amount of wheels don’t. SMH

Aloha mike

·
Registered
3,353 Posts

The silver Freeform look so nice.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
21 - 40 of 51 Posts