Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, as person who was never into engine /tuning/ breaking things ( before 124) I hardly can understand what OBD reader telling me, and I believe there quite a lot of folks like me. So question to more informed part of our community, where one can find information which can help to understand meanings of what scanner telling. I have recently too many red and incomplete results on my scanner what obviously I want to have resolved..

Thanks
Anton

·
Registered
758 Posts
I found this article kinda helpful.

You can also read through the user manuals of whatever OBD reader or app you use... some explain what each PID is.

What incomplete results are you trying to resolve? Emissions?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly. Previously it was only about O2… Now there way too many things(( I suspect it might be something with exhaust, it had O2 error since I had installed (( But there no CEL lights and car runs pretty good..

·
Registered
758 Posts
Mostly. Previously it was only about O2… Now there way too many things(( I suspect it might be something with exhaust, it had O2 error since I had installed (( But there no CEL lights and car runs pretty good..
Not all of these checks are done after you start the car. Some of the checks are triggered under certain driving conditions or when certain criteria are met (e.g. cat temps reach x degrees). Incomplete just means it hasn't done the check yet because it hasn't been triggered. If you want to trigger them all you have to do a lot of driving under a variety of conditions. It's not a problem if a certain check hasn't been done, only CELs are real problems.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Hi Anty.....Just read your post, if it helps.......I bought a Foxwell NT 510 Pro OBD2 from TDC PO box 1020, Hudson, NH 03051, USA via ebay UK and obtained a "Full" list of code DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes) from 21st Century 124 Spider website, found whist surfing.....Cheers
ron

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Hi Anty.....Just read your post, if it helps.......I bought a Foxwell NT 510 Pro OBD2 from TDC PO box 1020, Hudson, NH 03051, USA via ebay UK and obtained a "Full" list of code DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes) from 21st Century 124 Spider website, found whist surfing.....Cheers
ron
I second the recommendation to peruse Ameridan's blog site. A LOT of useful information, well indexed and easy to digest. Here's the link...
https://21stcenturyfiat124spider.wordpress.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts