Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Y'all! I ** *** ** fixed it!

None of the above prevented my overboost code issue from returning. I am so, so glad I made this thread and got hip to the v-band bolt problem before finding the actual issue.

It was the wastegate solenoid! Part number 04627297AB. I feel stupid because if you Google abarth p0234 wastegate solenoid, it becomes clear that this is a common issue for all 500 Abarths, Darts, and likely will be for the 124 as well. But again, no regrets on the journey to get here. Replacing the solenoid had resolved all issues, including the rapid fire boost dumping out of the BOV. Car holds boost strong to redline and now it's time to take this mama jama to Oklahoma!

Here's us 50 miles on back roads from home today with no CEL's and all the boost.

YES!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Y'all! I ** * fixed it!

None of the above prevented my overboost code issue from returning. I am so, so glad I made this thread and got hip to the v-band bolt problem before finding the actual issue.

It was the wastegate solenoid! Part number 04627297AB. I feel stupid because if you Google abarth p0234 wastegate solenoid, it becomes clear that this is a common issue for all 500 Abarths, Darts, and likely will be for the 124 as well. But again, no regrets on the journey to get here. Replacing the solenoid had resolved all issues, including the rapid fire boost dumping out of the BOV. Car holds boost strong to redline and now it's time to take this mama jama to Oklahoma!

Here's us 50 miles on back roads from home today with no CEL's and all the boost.

YES!
Very nice. Did you just replace the stock part with another Mopar part?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Very nice. Did you just replace the stock part with another Mopar part?
Yessir, just googled the part number and found the cheapest dealer to get it from. It's a Pierburg branded component, but the electrical connector seems to be the part that makes it mfg specific, potentially? ECS sells the same thing for a VW R for $20, would be nice to find a similar deal.

These can also be tested off of the vehicle for proper operation using an air compressor and a power source. There's YouTube videos, apologies not able to track down currently.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great solution. @Jon

41 - 44 of 44 Posts