Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Vendor
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From this moment forward, all of our V2 and V4 intakes for the 124 are going out with the factory style quick connectors which are now IN STOCK. These new connectors seal perfectly, and are much easier to install. Now our intakes for this car connect directly to all of the factory connections. There is no need to remove factory hoses, or factory connectors. Not only does this make installation very easy, it greatly simplifies the operation if for some reason you need to re-install the stock intake.

In the picture below, (courtesy of sharkcohen, who got the first set) the Red arrows show the new connections. The Green arrows show the other two factory connection points, all of which connect directly to our intakes.

Now, while this is great for people buying our intakes from now on, I haven't forgotten about you folks who have bought it already. If you would like the new connectors, for a short time, I will be sending them out at no charge to forum members. I know some of you have already emailed me and sent PMs, but it's very tough to keep track of that. I am asking that if you want to be on the list, please send me an email to greg at hpsimotorsports.com . For the next few days I will personally be handling this. After that, it's going to be about a 20 dollar charge plus shipping for those who want the upgrade. On that note, these do add to the cost of the intake, so for those of you who are considering buying on, I suggest you do it soon before our bean counter adjusts pricing.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Now you're making me buy this ;) And I'm a newbie.

I've owned my Spider and been on this forum for 3 months and learned alot.

To wit, for me the V4 Intake and Flash Tune really should be coupled. I plan on doing just that. In time. Hopefully sooner than later!

I commend you on your professionalism and cutomer service displayed here.

Future customer :)

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Reactions: jleo and Chaddy

·
Registered
717 Posts
Ordered as well and already shipped! Can't wait! :)

Greg, how much do you think these connectors will cut down on install time?

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Ordered as well and already shipped! Can't wait! :)

Greg, how much do you think these connectors will cut down on install time?
Trying to get that OEM evap hose off the cold side pipe was the longest part of the install. With these updates, I think an experienced person could knock it out in less than 30 minutes.

·
Vendor
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll agree with Shark. In the past the installation involved getting a hose off the cold side intercooler pipe, and it was a little challenging, not too bad, but some had a tough time with it. Additionally, the connectors we used before were difficult to push in, and took some time to get right. Now it's super easy, I think Shark's estimate of 30 mins is about right, maybe an hour if you break for beer or coffee and work really slowly.

Greg

·
Vendor
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On another note....I think we are now out of V4s :( We have started production on the next batch, which usually takes a couple weeks.

Greg

·
Vendor
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered this morning. Does that mean I'm SOL?.
I wouldn't say SOL. If the last one already went out, then you will get the first one in the new batch. While I hate to see someone have to wait, occasionally that happens. The reality is that we are a low volume manufacturer and sometimes demand for our stuff outpaces supply.

Greg

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
On another note....I think we are now out of V4s :( We have started production on the next batch, which usually takes a couple weeks.

Greg
ohh no!!! I think I'm SOL:eek: I ordered yesterday...then came back two hours later and ordered a Go Fast and I got the notice this morning the Go fast shipped....but no email on the V4...AHHHHHHH!!!! lol no worries...car is still crossing the pond.
@Greg how long you think before available?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Oops!! Gotta read!! ...a couple of weeks... got it!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Greg, i am your Turkish customer and i have V4. I send e-mail to Chris but connectors was not ready during my USA trip last week. Now I came back to Turkey. Do i have to inform Chris or you will take care? BTW USPS is much more easy way for me because of customs.

·
Vendor
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Greg, i am your Turkish customer and i have V4. I send e-mail to Chris but connectors was not ready during my USA trip last week. Now I came back to Turkey. Do i have to inform Chris or you will take care? BTW USPS is much more easy way for me because of customs.
I am personally handling this upgrade. I am not promising free shipping to Turkey (within the 48 states is what I had in mind) but I'll gladly provide the parts at no charge. Send me an email and I'll get this going for you.

Greg

greg at hpsi motorsports.com NO spaces

·
Vendor
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am shamelessly bumping this thread because this offer is about to end and I don't want any forum members to miss out. We got all the requests filled today, but if anyone didn't send in an email, please speak up so I can take care of you before our bean counter starts charging for this upgrade.

Greg

·
Vendor
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The free offer is now closed. I am pretty sure just about everyone who wanted the connectors got them. We will get this upgrade on our site soon, so if you missed it, the cost will be low.

Greg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Greg, thanks for getting this out to me. That's awesome CS!

Are there new install instructions for the new parts available? It looks simple, but I'd like to be sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks,

Steve Borne

·
Vendor
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Greg, thanks for getting this out to me. That's awesome CS!

Are there new install instructions for the new parts available? It looks simple, but I'd like to be sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks,

Steve Borne
Hi Steve, there are no install instructions because I don't think there is any way this could be installed incorrectly. It's literally impossible since each hose has a specific type of connector that only attaches to where it's supposed to go. You just can't go wrong here. Well, I guess someone could break a factory connector, or forget about one connection, but I just don't foresee any issues.

Greg

1 - 20 of 66 Posts