Discussion Starter #1

·
Vendor
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
126 Posts
whats the warranty on the springs? and after they settle have much is the drop?
I had a set the where a top name and they said 1 in drop all around and 6 months later it turned into a 1.5 in drop then they Settled

·
Vendor
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats the warranty on the springs? and after they settle have much is the drop?
I had a set the where a top name and they said 1 in drop all around and 6 months later it turned into a 1.5 in drop then they Settled
Hey there Evilspider,

We will back our springs for the lifetime of the vehicle! Also, you should expect approximately a 1.4 in drop once the springs have settled. We are very proud of these springs and have been working with the manufacture since 2009! if you have any issues at all please reach out to us and we will be more than happy to assist!

·
Vendor
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have a side shot of that 124?
pics from side?
Hey Orion and GarchingS54,

Here are a few side shots of Fnak's 124. What do you think?

There are a couple of pics here http://www.124spider.org/forum/185-abarth-124-spider-discussions/16553-aaaaaaaaaand-madness-continues.html they are with the new rims I have but they are the same size and on the stock tires. Hope that helps. I have a few more pics I took with my iphone but the ones Madness take are a lot better ;)
The MADNESS never stops! Thank you again Fnak for the positive feedback, hope to see you in the shop again soon!

Are your spring rates accurate? They aren't any better than stock?
We design our springs with one of the best spring manufactures in the world. When we designed our springs, we looked for a combination of improved handling, improved drivability and a nice balanced stance. We have been working with our partner manufacture since 2009 and have shipped too many springs to count all over the world! Prior to the 124 being released to the U.S. we started working on several prototypes and by the time it was released in the U.S. we had our product ready to go.

We have installed a number of these springs (in our California and Texas locations) and we have had nothing but positive reviews on them! We just installed a set on a 124 ABARTH here at our Texas location, and you can find pictures and the link to the review above in Fnak's comment.

We dont make the springs, we simply contract the top manufacture and contract their engineers to create springs to our specs. Our goal is to deliver a superior set to what is available in the market.

Hope that answers your question!

·
Vendor
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ready to upgrade the handling of your FIAT 124?

The MADNESS Lowering Springs were developed as a joint effort between us (MADNESS) and our European Partners that produce some of the best performance spring in the world.

MADNESS Autoworks is your One Stop Shop for customizing, accessorizing and servicing your favorite ride.

Whether you are looking for custom wheels, window tinting, custom stereo installation or other performance modifications we are your shop!

For more information follow the link below!

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/new-products-cid536/fiat-124-spider-lowering-springs-by-madness-pid2216

·
Registered
349 Posts
Already liking these springs a lot as most people should when shopping for something entry-level and good for a 124 in any road condition. Hopefully whoever gets a set plans to give some valuable feedback of pre and post break in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Madness Springs on ABARTH

Had my 500 Madness springs installed last week, finally drove about 15 miles on them yesterday (Dec 31, gotta love Southern California weather). Feels about the same as stock springs as far as the ride goes on streets in O.C. California.

New ride height is 12.75" (center of wheel to fender) both front & rear. Stock ABARTH rims, tires and dampers.

A little lower than expected but happy with the look and ride. Will more than likely keep the stock rims and run stock tires until worn and then see about getting a slightly wider tire if available, maybe run flats. I do not plan on tracking this, mainly an every day driver.

BTW, cost of installation and alignment $480, took them about 3.5 hours an my local Big O Tires.

Attachments

·
Vendor
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had my 500 Madness springs installed last week, finally drove about 15 miles on them yesterday (Dec 31, gotta love Southern California weather). Feels about the same as stock springs as far as the ride goes on streets in O.C. California.

New ride height is 12.75" (center of wheel to fender) both front & rear. Stock ABARTH rims, tires and dampers.

A little lower than expected but happy with the look and ride. Will more than likely keep the stock rims and run stock tires until worn and then see about getting a slightly wider tire if available, maybe run flats. I do not plan on tracking this, mainly an every day driver.

BTW, cost of installation and alignment $480, took them about 3.5 hours an my local Big O Tires.
That looks great!

Thank you for sharing! ;)

·
Registered
733 Posts

Hard to tell with the shadow on top of the tire, but how many fingers can you squeeze between the top of the tire and bottom of the fender? I'm running 17x7.5s with 235/40s, and have about three fingers of space, or roughly 2 3/8" (60mm) of a gap. I don't think I'd want any more than maybe 1.25" of a drop, and still have enough room. Seems that the Madness springs have a bigger drop than say the H&Rs?

·
Vendor
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Vendor
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
People everywhere are loving their new MADNESS FIAT 124 Lowering Springs

Lenny G |

Very satisfied. Not too low and not too harsh. The way it should have come from the factory.

Jin C |

Nice drop and the handling is much improved. Very satisfied with the springs. Recommend.

With a 1.4" drop these springs really enhance the look and stance of the 124!

Product Link
https://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/new-products-cid536/fiat-124-spider-lowering-springs-by-madness-pid2216

·
Vendor
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ready to upgrade the handling of your FIAT 124?

The MADNESS Lowering Springs were developed as a joint effort between us and our European Partners that produce some of the best performance spring in the world.

Approximate drop 1.4" / 35mm
Spring Rates: Front 165.5 lbs/ inch Rear 85.7 lbs/ inch

More information and pricing can be found on our website
https://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/new-products-cid536/fiat-124-spider-lowering-springs-by-madness-pid2216

let us know if you have any questions

1 - 17 of 17 Posts