Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I know a while back I mentioned I wanted to upgrade my Non-LED Car to LED's and the consensus on the forum was that you can't/shouldn't because it would be too much work. I've actually read that they're plug & play. You can plug them up, and they will work, but will not have the auto-leveling features.

Someone else commented that there is a sensor that you should be able to buy. A steering sensor that will control those features. I don't think you need to program anything, I think you need the housings and the single sensor and it'll work perfectly.

I saw some comments on an Italian Facebook Store. RC Ricambi&Accessori

"Plug & play... they will work normally but it won't work the" This is the translated comment, I believe he said plug & play, but the auto leveling won't work, but the translator didn't work well. Another guy commented that the service manual has a steering wheel position sensor that can be added to this for the lights to work as intended.

Overall, the lights are selling for 700 Euro, which is still cheaper than they were from the dealer even if the incentive was exactly the same. I may actually try to do this in the spring, I will keep you guys posted. That said, if any of you guys have an accident and have LEDs, (not that I wish anyone would), I may be interested in buying the lights if you buy back the car to part out. I think it'd be nice to test this out and let the rest of you guys know if you can or cannot upgrade to the LEDs.

To me, it's the one outer body piece of this car that just looks cheap right now. The stock lights just look so much like Kia lights to me or something :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Let me know how it works out! I would be interested if it works, I don't really care about the auto-leveling, but I love the look of the LEDs

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Same

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yes, the LEDs are expensive, so if you can get them cheap (still a lot of cash for an experiment) I won’t stop you ;) the ‘nice‘ thing is, if it doesn’t work, and you have them sitting around, you will most likely be able to resell them close to what you buy them at. They can get damaged easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts