Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Joined the forum a while back and only just getting opportunity to post a hello. I bought my 2019 Abarth in Mare Blue in May of 2019. I wanted the Spider bad in 2017 and took what was available at my dealership back then. A 2017 Classica Auto in silver grey. I did enjoy it a lot, but the fake manual-auto doesn't do it for me. I was heading in to retirement and decided I should get what I want to fully enjoy. I asked my salesman to do search for me and see if he could find one with all the equipment that I wanted. He found one a couple hundred miles away and it is now mine. I love it. Long story short; it has been in storage since October during a complicated long distance move for us. Can't wait to be reunited with my baby next month if this virus stuff settles down.
I have watch some of Fast Eddy's Pistons and Petrol work on his Spiders, and I would love to do some of the modifications. The intercooler, bigger turbo, coil-overs, and of course tuning. I am not concerned about finding a dyno to get numbers, just feeling a little more power and growl (oh yaya - exhaust too) would be a blast.
Hope we can share ideas, challenges and fixes as time goes on.

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
79 Posts
Welcome, and so glad you ended up with what you wanted! Sounds like you have something to look forward to once this virus stuff dies down. That said, you’ve now got some time to learn, research, and plan your modifications! Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Hi and Welcome...Well I've got the "Classica" and absolutely love it,having found it so easy to work on and modify to suit me,no automatic gearbox as I believe Manual and Sports Car go together....Hope "we all" can enjoy our Spiders soon in the knowledge that this horrible virus/disease has been beaten.........Cheers
ron

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome and nice "upgrade". Your reasons for trading are the same reasons I chose to spend the extra $$ and get the Abarth. It was a fair chunk of change more than a regular spider but it has all the factory equipment I wanted in the car. My regular car with all the "does it for you" equipment spoiled me for anything else. Enjoy your new Abarth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts