Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been cruising through "Madness Autoworks, 500 Madness site" when my eye caught this one....so checked here, saw no mention and thought...."Why don't I just let the boys know about it", thinking...they will soon tell me in no uncertain terms if this is old news.........
Quicker "Spool-Up", Higher Air Flow, CNC-Machined,Black Anodized Billet Aluminum, "Adjustable" Wastegate Actuator, Direct Bolt On replacement. It's fully compatible with OE geometry with a quick and reliable connection (it says)......
Lots of money of course...but if it floats your boat......

Fiat124TurboUpgradeaFeBladerunner1-750x563.jpg Fiat124TurboUpgradeaFeBladerunner5-750x563.jpg Fiat124TurboUpgradeaFeBladerunner2-750x563.jpg Fiat124TurboUpgradeaFeBladerunner4-750x563.jpg

Cheers
ron

·
Registered
255 Posts
I recall a couple discussions about it, just making sure you saw these as well:

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recall a couple discussions about it, just making sure you saw these as well:

Thanks Jon....and reading that....a lighter version of what we already have ..? missed the threads but glad to see them now as any member considering buying whilst cruising as I just did would be well served to be fully versed with the product and it's competition before parting with any $$$$ or ££££. Got to say..I liked it though ! Cheers
ron

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thanks Jon....and reading that....a lighter version of what we already have ..? missed the threads but glad to see them now as any member considering buying whilst cruising as I just did would be well served to be fully versed with the product and it's competition before parting with any $$$$ or ££££. Got to say..I liked it though ! Cheers
ron
Looks awesome! Bit too much cash for me, but quite a nice looking upgrade. :)

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of speculation here but I'm not aware of anyone actually trying one out.
Ahhhhhhhh, now there's a challenge....ANYONE ?

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,442 Posts
I'd be willing to test it out once I'm rebuilt if they would be willing to donate. Not buying another for the Spider and my son will stick with a 1446 upgrade since we have a spare.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hope "Madness Autoworks are looking guys.....Two willing and respected owners from "The Best Worldwide Forum" willing to deal with them with the promise of promoting and bringing in some MIGHTY $$$$$$ sales................. from 124Spider.Org alone...........

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hope "Madness Autoworks are looking guys.....Two willing and respected owners from "The Best Worldwide Forum" willing to deal with them with the promise of promoting and bringing in some MIGHTY $$$$$$ sales................. from 124Spider.Org alone...........
we could ask them if they have that part in their car and see if the can give us some light in that matter.

·
Registered
500 Posts
But it's an AFE turbo, not a madness part. Go talk to AFE who also makes lots of other parts for us.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But it's an AFE turbo, not a madness part. Go talk to AFE who also makes lots of other parts for us.
Good idea for doing a trial but price wise Madness Autoworks have done a deal with afe..........aFe turbo sells for $1238.64 whilst Madness aFe turbo sells for $1029.99 with free USA shipping. Cheers
ron

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good idea for doing a trial but price wise Madness Autoworks have done a deal with afe..........aFe turbo sells for $1238.64 whilst Madness aFe turbo sells for $1029.99 with free USA shipping. Cheers
ron
Exactly the point.

As @Brexit ! said. We could ask madness as the have the part in a more attractive price for us. Plus as they sell it maybe they use it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Also I have been investigating and found this on this turbo

Compresor Turbine
Inducer ExducerTrimA/RInducer ExducerTrimA/r
Stock Turbo 29.4 mm38 mm
60​
0.38​
35.5 mm32 mmUnknown
0.34​
AFE Turbo 34 mm46 mm
55​
Unknown39 mm 34 mmUnknownUnknown

Maybe with that analysis some of you could estimate the potential on AFE Turbo.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Not worth it, I heard the results and gains were not worth the money.
Hybird turbos are worth it..

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great to see that a discussion on the merits for and against has opened up, threads / information that shows/proves which turbo is best suited and why would be welcomed by all interested in, but weary of spending their hard earned cash on only to find, at this sort of outlay that they invested in an inferior products, so......keep it coming and whilst we are there a couple of further things ....Wastegate actuator springs have been discussed here and which spring for what...an adjustable actuator would do away with that requirement surely ? Also..the exhaust Crosspipe...reading all about the standard v the Good-win (and others) bigger bore / less air flow disruption....how much difference does it actually make and does not the "Venturi" effect of the standard Crosspipe actually assist airflow with its smaller diameter and slight kinking rather than disturb it ? With all these mods there is always a danger of the mod being sold to the masses for marketing / sales revenue rather than actual gains. We talk about "Best Bang for your Buck" a lot here with TUNE!, Tune! and Tune constantly being honoured, as it is proven by print out and feel.
This whole thread is aimed at getting a more accurate definicion of what's best suited and why.
Induction....EC V4 or BMC BIG filter system seem to be approved here whilst two or three exhaust systems stand out, for me Good-Win. but in between ...the OEM turbo and standard crosspipe handles it all fine, so is it just a case of wanting more power and for most members is it all just a waste of cash as it will never be explored as it should.....
Talk guys... Constructive reasons why or why not whilst understanding each others point, Thanks.
ron

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great to see that a discussion on the merits for and against has opened up, threads / information that shows/proves which turbo is best suited and why would be welcomed by all interested in, but weary of spending their hard earned cash on only to find, at this sort of outlay that they invested in an inferior products, so......keep it coming and whilst we are there a couple of further things ....Wastegate actuator springs have been discussed here and which spring for what...an adjustable actuator would do away with that requirement surely ? Also..the exhaust Crosspipe...reading all about the standard v the Good-win (and others) bigger bore / less air flow disruption....how much difference does it actually make and does not the "Venturi" effect of the standard Crosspipe actually assist airflow with its smaller diameter and slight kinking rather than disturb it ? With all these mods there is always a danger of the mod being sold to the masses for marketing / sales revenue rather than actual gains. We talk about "Best Bang for your Buck" a lot here with TUNE!, Tune! and Tune constantly being honoured, as it is proven by print out and feel.
This whole thread is aimed at getting a more accurate definicion of what's best suited and why.
Induction....EC V4 or BMC BIG filter system seem to be approved here whilst two or three exhaust systems stand out, for me Good-Win. but in between ...the OEM turbo and standard crosspipe handles it all fine, so is it just a case of wanting more power and for most members is it all just a waste of cash as it will never be explored as it should.....
Talk guys... Constructive reasons why or why not whilst understanding each others point, Thanks.
ron
ECFIAT124INTAKEV2_720x.jpg FIAT124maxflowINTAKEred-002-750x563.jpg

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I have just contacted Madness for more details and going down to the shop later today.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts