Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone taken the front upper grill off their 124, can see some very small torx fixing screws just inside.Was wondering if that's the way it's fixed before I start. Found some Abarth badges on ebay that are the exact same size/shape as the Fiat badge on mine, I know it's not a Abarth as such, just think those badges look so nice Thanks

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
It's on there pretty solid. From under the car, I can see that it's also clipped in multiple locations, it seems. I was unable to even attempt to remove it without scratching up the body work.

I removed my badge/emblem from the inside - requires a couple of rivets taking out, some plastic to be cut away (used a dremel) and small hands to get at the bolt holding the emblem on.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks SJW, I'll have a look,might try from inside the engine bay. The badges are a straight swop fixing wise to the Fiat one on there, just have the Abarth badge inside the chrome instead of Fiat
Back ones just glued in with two locating pins, front one has a nut on it with two locating pins, I can see the nut looking through the grill, just can't get to the bleeding thing

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Thanks SJW, I'll have a look,might try from inside the engine bay. The badges are a straight swop fixing wise to the Fiat one on there, just have the Abarth badge inside the chrome instead of Fiat
Back ones just glued in with two locating pins, front one has a nut on it with two locating pins, I can see the nut looking through the grill, just can't get to the bleeding thing
If you can rig up a wrench or flex-head socket of some kind through the grille, it may save some of the trials and tribulations I went through, as well as cutting plastic trim (which is hidden, anyway). The only problem may be getting the nut back on once it's off...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts