Im pushing 500 miles on my 124 spider. I have no real complaints. First sports car for me.
someone asked for comparison to the miata. here is the little I have to offer:
1) I like the look of the 124 spider over the miata ND. (I actually dislike the ND look..)
2) I think the car drives big. which I like. The hood sits higher than the miata I believe. Ive also got a Ram truck.. visually out the front, its a very similar experience. I like seeing that hood in front of me.
3) I like the door handles better on the spider. the angle is perfect for opening and closing.
4) The rest of the interior is basically the same. The look and feel of the seats is one area that has been discussed, but I believe other than the look and feel the seats are basically the same.
5) I like all the advanced tech, so my car is loaded. adaptive headlights (these are awesome), BSM, rear sensors, etc. But these are all the same on the spider vs. miata
6) On the engine.. Im not a performance car driver. Im not sure I could provide anything constructive here other than Im pleased performance wise. I have an auto, and Ive been playing around with manual mode lately. That mode is enough for me when I want to shift!
7) Handling/Steering - Fantastic. I love this size car. Very responsive. Nothing constructive to offer here vs. the miata.
8) Even though its a small car, I love the rear view camera. I wouldnt get any car nowadays without one. Whatever option gets you the camera, get it.
I guess that's about it. Looking forward to my next drive.