Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratulations on getting a Prima! I have to say, I am a teensy bit jealous. I did find an unsold one, but before I could get over to see it I was told it was the only 124 they had on the lot and they needed to use it for a demo car. Hmmmm...

I asked my sales lady (who sold my FIAT 500 Pop to me three years ago) to crunch some numbers for me. Eventually and very reluctantly, I decided that even though my husband's and my credit would have allowed it, a Prima was about $100-150 a month out of reach for me with my trade-in (the 500 Pop) and down payment.

Enjoy that gorgeous car, and expect to get a lot of people drooling on your car, at least if they know anything about FIAT 124 Spiders and know just how rare that beautiful blue Lusso with the saddle tan leather seats really is. Thank you for sharing your photos!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Checking In!

Just turned 4000 miles, nearly 8 months on the road. One of the first out the door in the US.

No mods, no fluid changes, no tire rotations, no issues.

Needs a wash. Attached some pics.

------------------
I will get the tires rotated and oil changed this month, ahead of Fiat on the Dragon.

I also included a picture of the onboard maintenance system. Basically the mileage is counting down.
Someone was concerned to know about scheduling your oil changes.. you just need to estimate miles per week/month to know when to take in your baby.
I figure 8 months is long enough, and I wouldnt go more than 1 year without a change.

As of right now it wants me to rotate tires at about 7900 miles, and get an oil change at 10,900...
I havent looked at this screen much in 8 months nor tracked if the interval has been shrinking over time.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Turned 8400 miles. no issues to date. Turned into my daily driver 50% of the time.
When I first bought my fiat 124, I was work at home. Now back to the office. I have to say having this car has been a great thing, and I look forward to the drive home and back.

I did add the GFB DV+ back in April at Fiat on the Dragon. Only mod to date.

A nice wash an hour ago and I'll be up at 7am to head to to Cars and Coffee in Wake Forest, NC.. (August 26) https://www.facebook.com/candcwakeforest/
If you are in the Raleigh area, come on by!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Mid 2018 Update

ok.. I just turned 13,700 miles still no issues. 25 months.

Now a few mods:

1) Installed LED bulbs: Dome light, license plate lights, Reverse light, and a small LED panel in the trunk. I would like to change the fog lights next...
2) K&N Air Filter to replace stock - bought via Ricambi
3) Euro+Drive Pedal Pro from Eurocompulsion - Just finished installing an hour ago, so no lengthy experience to report. Really enjoying the extra throttle response on my initial drive.

4) New Custom NC plate. The blue lettering matches the car color.. Im glad I picked this plate.

5) New appearance mod bought from Ricambi.. Who can guess?? The change is obvious for a lusso as you look at the front (see picture)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I know more about the Abarth but if I was guessing: the 124 at the front bumper? Not sure if the black part under the headlamp is standard.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mirror covers 🙂

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
ok.. a few more modifications and status update..

Month 32 of ownership.
Just turned 18k miles..
No defects, nothing broke, nothing fixed.
Stock tires are nearing end of life. will be buying new tires in March.. Right at 4/32 on all 4 now.

Mods:
Torque solutions blow off valve - I like the added noise, but I wish it were louder.
Added IL Motorsports dual hood lift kit. This is nice.. adds a full 8 inches of additional clearance when measured at the stock prop rod.
Door bushings
PTP Turbo Blanket - Blue

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If I couldn't have my red Abarth, I would surely have blue, and that PTP blanket is awesome looking:D:D:D:D

21 - 34 of 34 Posts