Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anybody know how to make sure that when starting the engine the music on a USB stick continues from where it was before the engine was shut down? In my Lusso, it sometimes does, but most of the time the music play defaults back to the first track on the USB stick which is really annoying. Is there a setting somewhere to make it pick up from where it was before shutting off the engine?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have the same problem. Sometimes it also won't play, at all. I haven't tried a different model of USB stick, though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used a very cheap 2GB stick (a give-away from a vendor) and every time I start my car, it picks up at the last song it played. When I choose the songs, I use the folder view (all of my mp3s are in the \ folder). I think the other choice was root or so(?). I've never had it reset to the top of the list, unless I choose folder again and then it starts back from the top (using the back arrow brings you back to the song list where you were). I do get the occasional problem where the USB list keeps loading at startup and never completes. In those cases, I just remove the usb drive and re-insert and that seems to make things okay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ameridan has a Tweaks section that will allow you to tweak the infotainment system to solve this issue. Very good write up with plenty of other handy tweaks to the system. Here is the link.

https://21stcenturyfiat124spider.wordpress.com/ameridans-radio-silencer/common-tweaks-that-work-in-the-fiat-124-spider-infotainment-center-7-0/
Thank you for that link. I had a look at that software but didn't see this particular problem addressed there.

I'm not sure why, but the last couple of days my music does restart from where it left off when switching off the engine. Fingers crossed that it stays that way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts