Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of Monday our V4 intakes will be going out with quick connectors. This greatly simplifies installation. There will no longer be a need to access the intercooler piping, and the new connects click into place easily, exactly as the oem connectors do.

I think it's literally impossible to connect this incorrectly. There are two quick connectors which are different sizes and thus can't be mixed up, and one open ended hose that attaches to the fitting on the intake tube. We are updating the instructions to reflect this change, but I thought I would show it here first.

http://www.124spider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18641&stc=1&d=1494014897

Greg

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strangely this forum isn't working properly on my computer. I can't see my notifications, private messages, or properly add pictures. Anyway, the link in the post above works.

For the next week, anyone wanting to update to the newer hoses can do so for the cost of shipping. The existing hoses work fine, but these are a bit easier to take on and off. I'll have more details about this on Monday, but I expect the shipping cost to be under 10 bucks for Priority Mail.

Greg

·
Registered
529 Posts
So I finally got budgetary approval from the boss and ordered my v4 intake today. Whoop!

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Looks good @seagas

·
Registered
529 Posts
Did you have the EC tune before? If so could you tell the difference or just cosmetic for you?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Did you have the EC tune before? If so could you tell the difference or just cosmetic for you?
No I didn't do the tune yet, waiting for a bit on that to see if even I feel I need it. As for a difference, yes there is noticeable difference especially above 4000 RPM and you can here hear the air intake/turbo whistle at even higher RPM.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Look nice! Received mine last week but still waiting for a nicer weather to install it along with EC catch can and Turbo blanket.
With this cold weather, I think your spider needs the blanket badly.>:)>:)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Help!

Currently installing my new V4 intake and not sure if I have to uninstall the PCV hose from the stock intake. Seems very hard to remove and I don't want to damage my stock intake. Should I remove it and how???

See picture

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
it is stiff (from heat I think) ...twist and turn it will come off. I think I removed that hose bracket completely... so I could get a better grip and handle on it for the twisting and turning.

·
Registered
544 Posts
it is stiff (from heat I think) ...twist and turn it will come off. I think I removed that hose bracket completely... so I could get a better grip and handle on it for the twisting and turning.
OK I finally got it! Used some dish soap and twist it many many times and finally come off with the metal ring at the same time. It was a **** to remove lol

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
OK I finally got it! Used some dish soap and twist it many many times and finally come off with the metal ring at the same time. It was a **** to remove lol
Good job, I was going to recommend some soap, I had to do the same. For some reason they used that solid metal ring to secure the pipe to the intake tube, rather than a spring clamp.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Good job, I was going to recommend some soap, I had to do the same. For some reason they used that solid metal ring to secure the pipe to the intake tube, rather than a spring clamp.
Yep, the only part of the install were my grandson learned a no word :eek:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Finally Turbo blanket, EC catch can and ECV4.1 installed... a productive day! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
trouble re-positioning plastic pipe

I have everything connected on my V4, but cannot get the factory plastic pipe to line up with screw hole and locating tab just to the left, the pipe is about 3/4 inch forward of where it should be. The problem seems to be that the plastic pipe connection to the V4 intake is too far forward. I measured both factory and V4 intakes distance from turbo end to the center of the plastic pipe opening. Factory is 1-3/4, V4 is 2-1/2.

Greg sent me a pic from his car and his also measures 2-1/2 but he didn't have a problem with plastic pipe position. So I am a bit confused.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 60 Posts