Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Great documentation, but I prefer putting the gauge on the left side, where I can pass the wire in the top vent and barely visible. While on the right side I don't like a wire going to the gauge.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Agreed with the mounting solution. Vaitrix says the gauge is 60mm but it's slightly bigger so a Cravenspeed pod doesn't fit unless you do what @Calehedron did and cut it. Another negative is that it defaults to 15 PSI for the overboost alert. And you need a remote to set it higher. Don't lose your remote and disconnect power or you'll hear that 15 PSI alert a lot.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
@BillaVista thanks for the guide.

This time around F6 and F10 are clear. Does this mean I don’t have to put in any fuses? Attaching a picture.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
but if I do need to put fuses in, which ones? 2 of 15? 10?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
A friend suggested just putting in 1 of 15.

·
Super Moderator
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend suggested just putting in 1 of 15. View attachment 76492
Bottom line:
If you are installing it into an empty slot, just install the fuse for the boost gauge in the slot furthest from the metal legs or prongs. In your picture, it's the bottom slot in the picture (closest to your thumb). A 2 Amp fuse is fine.

If you are installing into a slot with a fuse, take that fuse out and put it into the slot closest to the metal legs or prongs, and put the fuse for the boost gauge into the other slot.

Then you just have to install it in the right orientation (which, when using the middle row of the interior fuse block means with the pigtail wire facing up).

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
@BillaVista Got it working well and no CEL but it is not saving and will keep beeping at 15psi.

What can I do / adjust so that it saves configuration? Thx

I had tried with a current fuse, now trying with your added details of 2amp fuse on blank space (I think you should put that in your
Tutorial).

and now it works And saves correctly ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts