Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my spider for 4 days and I have never noticed this til today. When I shut off the ignition the Vehicle Sevurity Alarm System light flashes quickly for around 20 secs. and then flashes every couple of seconds continuously.

If I unlock the door the light continues to flash until I start the engine.

Is this the correct functioning. From past cars I have owned, the security alarm is turned off when you unlock the car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
never noticed this - but the alarm is LOUD. I tried opening the car doors without the key near me when the roof was down - almost gave myself a heart attack!

·
Registered
476 Posts
i found out the alarm goes off if you pop the trunk, but don't open it, then it gets jostled while drying the deck lid area off.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have had my spider for 4 days and I have never noticed this til today. When I shut off the ignition the Vehicle Sevurity Alarm System light flashes quickly for around 20 secs. and then flashes every couple of seconds continuously.

If I unlock the door the light continues to flash until I start the engine.

Is this the correct functioning. From past cars I have owned, the security alarm is turned off when you unlock the car.
Small sample size, but this is the same function on my 124.
I did not, however, try to get my keys more than ~40 feet from my car.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Small sample size, but this is the same function on my 124.
I did not, however, try to get my keys more than ~40 feet from my car.
Likewise. Seeing this thread I checked this morning.

Until the car is started, the security light flashes every couple of seconds, even while in the unlocked car with the key.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I think my other cars functioned this way as well.. I think it should be normal. Apparently it is with the few people that chimed in here so you should be good

·
Registered
12 Posts
same here

I have apparently turned on the alarm system but it doesn't turn off when I unlock the door. When the car is sitting parked, the alarm light keeps flashing forever. I'm not sure how to make the light stop flashing, or even exactly what it means.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have apparently turned on the alarm system but it doesn't turn off when I unlock the door. When the car is sitting parked, the alarm light keeps flashing forever. I'm not sure how to make the light stop flashing, or even exactly what it means.
It won't turn off until you start the engine. Once you stop the engine, it starts flashing again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts