Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am an MBA student and an employee within the automotive industry attempting to gain insight on how impactful social media and other advertising resources are in regards to vehicle purchases/leases. The survey is a joint project for both my class and my employer, and I was curious if anyone on the site would be interested in taking the survey? It will take approximately a minute to complete, and could be very beneficial to improving the vehicle purchasing experience for everyone. The link is below. Thank you for your time!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YVKNRZZ

P.S. If this is by any means against the message board rules, I do apologize.

·
Banned
425 Posts
I completed the survey. Not complicated.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I took the survey too and gave most important credit for my purchase to this forum, where I found my car as well as the information cementing my desire for a 124 Abarth.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Completed. Made me realize that I hate ads. I block all ads seen through social media and I mute the TV or computer during any and all advertising :p

·
Registered
204 Posts
This car was virtually non-existent in advertising. Saw it by almost by chance at an Alfa dealer, test drove it, did research, then eventually purchased it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Interesting that they don't even mention print advertising (magazines etc) in the first few questions.

I wonder why Fiat advertise the Spider so little? It was an advert that hooked me...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Feel the same as others. Completing the survey made me realize, that I bough my car because,...
1.) previously owned 2 miatas
2.) saw Fiat spider in person at car show and loved it
3.) Actually bought the car without seeing, or hearing, any FCA's advertising other than its placement at the Vancouver autoshow.

I don't think I have ever seen a manufacturer drop the advertising (all forms) ball so badly for new model release.
Makes you wonder how many they could sell if they actually tried,....

The flip side is I have a quasi-rare car that everyone wants to ask me about....couldn't say that about my previous 2 miatas.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Advertising is good if you are trying to get someone to buy product A over product B.

The down side is that advertising does work to convince people to buy product A over no product. What I would consider psychological warefare.

It was magazine/web articles which had me buying this car. I would have bought one without a test drive. Not so much the opinionated 'review' but the actual specification of the vehicle.

Personally, the one ad trick that works with me is product placement. For example, Laura Croft drove a jeep in one of the tomb raider movies; thus I would consider buying a jeep. James Bond drives an Aston Martin, so who wouldn't want one of those? In the sci-fi series Eureka, they literally placed Degree Ultra deodorant; maybe I'll try that next time...

·
Registered
453 Posts
It was magazine/web articles which had me buying this car.
Ditto.

It'll be interesting to see how this survey pans out. It seems to me (based primarily on this forum) that Spider purchasers are generally a bit older.

So, I'm thinking social media wasn't a main driver in our interest in the car.

I, for one, don't do any social media. Well, except investing in Facebook. Which has worked out quite well. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts