Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
I find that the stock exhaust sounds great in a parking garage!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That does sound nice. How is it on the freeway?
It's just slightly louder than my comfort level, to be honest, but that's probably because I had a local muffler shop cut out the resonator (only cost $40). I've got the Goodwin glass baffles on order so that should solve that problem. If you have the stock resonator or the Goodwin resonator, I imagine that you would be totally fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cool, thanks for the update. The Abarth dont come with a resonator so if i get the Goodwin then I will have to do the full system which they include their resonator. Either way, it kills me every time I drive the car and dont hear the exhaust. This was one of the main reasons over getting the mx5.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks for the update. The Abarth dont come with a resonator so if i get the Goodwin then I will have to do the full system which they include their resonator. Either way, it kills me every time I drive the car and dont hear the exhaust. This was one of the main reasons over getting the mx5.
If you'd like to sample what the exhaust sounds like with a muffler delete to see if a resonator is required, I'd recommend simply unbolting the two 14mm bolts that hold the muffler on and pulling it slightly out of the way. The sound is pretty comparable.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had the System installed with mid resonator installed and tip baffles removed
It’s as loud as I like

·
Registered
381 Posts
I loved starting my car in the garage every morning back when I lived in Houston, sounds so good!

I personally don't even notice the exhaust when I'm cruising on the highway, and I have the full un-resonated system. But I grew up around V8 trucks with turn-down exhausts so I'm probably just numb to the "drone" people talk about. It sure lets you know when you get on it though!

Reactions: Phillip33

·
Registered
49 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: wolf18t
1 - 10 of 10 Posts