Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me or direct me to a site on how to decode a new 124 VIN? I just bought the car 4 weeks ago and I'm trying to fine the build date. Thanks in advance.

Bill B.

·
Registered
158 Posts
https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html

On the left hand side click on"Equipment Listing" Then you can put in your VIN. I don't think this will give you a build date though. As rdass said above, the Month and Year of production is on the door jamb, with the tire inflation info.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html

On the left hand side click on"Equipment Listing" Then you can put in your VIN. I don't think this will give you a build date though. As rdass said above, the Month and Year of production is on the door jamb, with the tire inflation info.
Thanks for the info. I found the sticker on the drivers door jamb. It says 06/16. I bought the car july 15,2017. I thought the build date would be a bit more recent.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the info. I found the sticker on the drivers door jamb. It says 06/16. I bought the car july 15,2017. I thought the build date would be a bit more recent.
Mine is also 6/16. purchased in 12/16. 8,000 miles an no issues

Reactions: hefbadr

·
Registered
350 Posts
My build plate says 5/17 and it was delivered to the dealer in WI on 7/27 via Baltimore? If the car was built in Hiroshima Japan, why was car shipped to Baltimore? Anyway, the car was originally order July of 2016 by a gentleman who backed-out around March of this year.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My build plate says 5/17 and it was delivered to the dealer in WI on 7/27 via Baltimore? If the car was built in Hiroshima Japan, why was car shipped to Baltimore? Anyway, the car was originally order July of 2016 by a gentleman who backed-out around March of this year.
My 124 was built 06/16 and I took delivery 07/17. I'd love to know the history of that 1 year time frame, like how long in transit, how long it sat on a dealer lot and was this the only dealer lot it was at etc. I probably won't be able to find out but it would be interesting. I only have 500 miles on it so far but totally good except for the dealer prep.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My 124 was built 06/16 and I took delivery 07/17. I'd love to know the history of that 1 year time frame, like how long in transit, how long it sat on a dealer lot and was this the only dealer lot it was at etc. I probably won't be able to find out but it would be interesting. I only have 500 miles on it so far but totally good except for the dealer prep.
Dealer prep on mine was done well, except for the tire pressure, which was an easy fix. The complaint I had was they installed the front license plate bracket when I told the salesman about this. I also told him about the tire pressure and the dealership sticker, so I blame him for lack of communication with the prep crew/person. They did take the sticker-off when I spotted it in with pictures he sent me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts