Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a 124 spider for a while now (used car market has about 45 on sale on autotrader), and some of them have the visibility pack, which adds the LED headlights, headlight washers, auto wipers (and lights?) and rear parking sensors.

I would have thought rear parking sensors very useful given the rear visibility (with hood up), but are the headlights much better than standard ones, apart from looking cooler with the angel eye effect?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have been looking for a 124 spider for a while now (used car market has about 45 on sale on autotrader), and some of them have the visibility pack, which adds the LED headlights, headlight washers, auto wipers (and lights?) and rear parking sensors.

I would have thought rear parking sensors very useful given the rear visibility (with hood up), but are the headlights much better than standard ones, apart from looking cooler with the angel eye effect?
Definite yes, Led lights really good. Worth getting.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Give it 2 or 3 years and any car without LED's will be old hat and at a disadvantage if you wish to pass it on.

Reactions: JCC124

·
Premium Member
Abarth 124 spider Auto
60 Posts
In my opinion I would keep searching for one with the visibility pack.
Just bide your time and the right car will come along.
good luck with the search.

·
Registered
5 Posts

depends how you will use your car, if its a daily driver I would look for visibility package, the headlamps are especially good compared to standard, if its a weekend toy for sunny days thenI wouldnt bother, having said that for resale it would help

·
Registered
112 Posts
My old eyes really appreciate the LEDs. It was on my list a nice to have...and the one I found had it...so it was an easy decision. Not sure what I would have done otherwise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wouldn’t get too hung up about the v-pack. If it’s on the car great, otherwise who cares. Get the car that suits (spec/colour/condition/price). As far as affecting future resale I don’t think it’ll make a difference. Potential purchasers will either want a 124 or not. AFAIK Lussos and Pluses come with a rear view camera (which has saved me bacon a few times when the roofs down). Mines a daily drive (was till WfH) and in the dark with lots of other head lights who can tell the difference.
But yes, her eyes will look great with the LEDs and they do work better on those dark unlit back roads.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have a Lusso. It has a reversing camera which I like. Prior to my Lusso I hade an MX5 ND RF. It had the lot..... LEDs, Blind Spot Monitoring, Auto Rain Sensing Wipers, Lane Departure Warning, Auto Dip Main Beam, Auto Dip Rear View Mirror, Pedestrian Sensing Radar etc etc etc. So I was driving along one day (in the rain, just as dusk was falling)..... and I thought to myself "Am I driving the car, or is the car driving me ?". And I thought to myself "This is not what I want". And I thought to myself "What will this cost when it goes wrong". And I thought to myself "This is not my automobile". And I thought to myself "The next car I buy will not be beholden to the mercy of the Gadget Gods"..... So I bought a Lusso. A happy medium between luxury, form and function. And I thought to myself "The headlights could do with brighter bulbs".
And it has a reversing camera, which I like.

·
Registered
2020 Fiat Spider 124 Urbana AT
76 Posts
LEDs do make a big difference in this car. My car did not come with a visibility pack, and visibility was indeed poor. However, I easily changed out the front beams (headlights, high beams, and fog lights) and also the rear back-up light for the camera. I'm very pleased now. I haven't felt a need to change any other lights.

So, if I found a car that looked just right for me, but it didn't have the visibility pack, that wouldn't stop me at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a Lusso. It has a reversing camera which I like. Prior to my Lusso I hade an MX5 ND RF. It had the lot..... LEDs, Blind Spot Monitoring, Auto Rain Sensing Wipers, Lane Departure Warning, Auto Dip Main Beam etc etc etc. So I was driving along one day (in the rain, just as dusk was falling)..... and I thought to myself "Am I driving the car, or is the car driving me ?". And I thought to myself "This is not what I want". And I thought to myself "What will this cost when it goes wrong". And I thought to myself "The next car I buy will not be beholden to the mercy of the Gadget Gods"..... So I bought a Lusso. A happy medium between luxury, form and function. And I thought to myself "The headlights could do with brighter bulbs".
And it has a reversing camera, which I like.
Thanks, I was reminded of Talking Heads by your response (probably your intention!)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LEDs do make a big difference in this car. My car did not come with a visibility pack, and visibility was indeed poor. However, I easily changed out the front beams (headlights, high beams, and fog lights) and also the rear back-up light for the camera. I'm very pleased now. I haven't felt a need to change any other lights.

So, if I found a car that looked just right for me, but it didn't have the visibility pack, that wouldn't stop me at all.
Thanks, so LED upgrades to non vis pack lights and a reversing camera would fix things then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's one for you :)

Never heard of autouncle, will give it a try, did see that one though. There are a couple of others around, but then there is the auto/manual question as well...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
LEDs are definitely worth it. Rear sensors are definitely worth it. Of course, these are expensive items to replace should they malfunction or get broken.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hi...only just listed all the ebay UK 124 Spiders available here, so don't forget ebay in your search....Fiat UK Approved list was fair I thought as well......ON the headlights...I have the 124 Classica and I upgraded to a better bulb as I DO NOT usually use the Spider at night but wanted better than basic (see Brexit Mods thread), so agree with "Aaalex" above....if your Spider is to be a weekend toy, just upgrade the bulbs, however...if you want a daily driver then I would listen to the boys and go 124 Lusso or 124 Abarth depending on whichever rocks your boat, or, just buy the conversion kit for your Spider if you fancy the 124 Classica. Good Luck with your search and come back with photo's and we will assist you in caring for it and Modifying sensibilly, should you get the bug.......You will also need some face cream / vaseline for the corners of your mouth and your cheeks to start with as you will be smiling an awful lot, Cheers
ron

1 - 20 of 43 Posts