Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had my initial drive from southern California to Portland, Oregon, and I found that when playing the Sirius XM, the Navigation voice was virtually inaudible. The music continued to play over all the speakers, while the navigation voice was only coming from the left somewhere, seemed like lower left, and was lower in volume than the music. Using Android Auto with my Miata and Ford Escape, the music stops playing when the navigation voice comes on.
This seems like it should not be working this way, but I can't find any setting that would change it.

·
Banned
425 Posts
I've just had my initial drive from southern California to Portland, Oregon, and I found that when playing the Sirius XM, the Navigation voice was virtually inaudible. The music continued to play over all the speakers, while the navigation voice was only coming from the left somewhere, seemed like lower left, and was lower in volume than the music. Using Android Auto with my Miata and Ford Escape, the music stops playing when the navigation voice comes on.
This seems like it should not be working this way, but I can't find any setting that would change it.
There is a volume setting under navigation to adjust the instructions volume. I believe the speaker used is the one in the driver seat head rest. How was the ride otherwise?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than torrential rain from Redding to Eugene, except for the blizzard on Mount Shasta, it was fine, but virtually all highway miles. I did find that the Sport Leather seat bolsters are a little tight, so that I had one sore buttock after 9 hours.

·
Registered
205 Posts
There is a volume setting under navigation to adjust the instructions volume. I believe the speaker used is the one in the driver seat head rest. How was the ride otherwise?
Also, when adjusting the volume while a navigation command is being read, it will adjust only the nav volume.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Other than torrential rain from Redding to Eugene, except for the blizzard on Mount Shasta, it was fine, but virtually all highway miles. I did find that the Sport Leather seat bolsters are a little tight, so that I had one sore buttock after 9 hours.
Hats off to you. We've done that drive from the SF area to Portland a lot the past few years for sporting events or to college with our kids. Even with multiple drivers it's long.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The nav voice intentionally comes out of the driver's side so as not to disrupt passenger listening as much. To raise the volume, wait for the nav voice to say something and then turn the volume control (Or use the steering wheel controls). That way you can make the nav voice as loud or soft as you want without affecting the music.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts