Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got my Abarth last night and when streaming using pandora this morning the audio quality was lousy and the volume super low. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes. Seems to me I had to select another setting. Might have been bluetooth as well as pandora. I'll double check.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a darn fine question Guido, I am officially a moron 1/2 volume on my phone. Nice first post Steve.....ugh

·
Registered
868 Posts
not actually a bad post. i have to turn the radio up to about 25, 30 if top is down, and when running MLB or pandora through bluetooth, it has to go up to 40 plus to hear it. Definitely something going on there, even when phone volume is all the way up.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
That is a darn fine question Guido, I am officially a moron 1/2 volume on my phone. Nice first post Steve.....ugh
Same thing happened to me, I went a week disappointed and then figured it out LOL.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I was Pandora volume perplexed as well...when my car was new. Like you, I did a problem solving post, lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So this is a stupid question, but I've never used Pandora before. Do I need to A) have a Pandora account and B) have my phone connected either thru USB or Bluetooth for it to work?

·
Registered
351 Posts
A) Yes, because it has to keep a database on what songs you like. The free account has ads. You can upgrade to no ads for a monthly fee. (Edit - maybe not. I think you can just listen without an account, but need one for customization)

B) Yes, it has to be installed on your phone and the phone has to be Bluetooth connected. What's on the car is just a front end. The actual app runs off your phone, as it needs the cell connection to download the songs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks! I was wondering about the advertised Pandora, Aha (sp?), and I think one more app. So it's kind of like a severely watered down CarPlay with only a few specific apps. Gotcha.

·
Registered
150 Posts
not actually a bad post. i have to turn the radio up to about 25, 30 if top is down, and when running MLB or pandora through bluetooth, it has to go up to 40 plus to hear it. Definitely something going on there, even when phone volume is all the way up.
The bluetooth streaming volume is VERY weak. If you go to FM radio you end up having to turn it down as it's so loud. Same way with the USB port if using a device attached. But, it's not restricted to the Fiat. Our new Toyota 4Runner is pretty much the same way - at least when using our iPhones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts