Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left to right on first pic.Carbon fiber, close to a matte black with light Sheen, or a charcoal matching the abarth badge trim...

I will be following the engine bay hood, not the Fiat recommended heritage stripe up front, but same in back like the white madworks
....because it looks better imhi.... Gotta decide by Wednesday

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Okay....this is my personal opinion but I absolutely despise faux carbon fibre, if it's the real thing, fine, but if it's fake you are being a "try hard". Putting faux CF on your car won't fool anybody into thinking you are driving a Pagani. Stick with the Matt/Satin Black.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think the matte black looks best, even without any prejudice against faux carbon fiber.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
The whole point of matt black surfaces is to remove reflections. That silvery charcoal doesn't look like it does that.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'd vote for the Matte Black. The grey just looks like it's faded black, to me.

Carbon fiber? Meh.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Thinking about it, I might just cover the steering wheel FIAT badge with faux carbon, Maybe not the best but it will be a temporary fix till someone makes a good copy of an Abarth steering wheel badge.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Black is the clear winner. i'm going to ask about other versions as this has a bit of a sheen to it, not quite satin. definitely not gloss. but i want matte

·
Registered
958 Posts
Just based on the way the samples look on the car, without prejudice against other colors, my choice would be the matte black.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just based on the way the samples look on the car, without prejudice against other colors, my choice would be the matte black.
You all confirmed my thoughts... I really like the cf look but am very nervous that it won't look right. So it's out. And charcoal is out, only one vote here and my wife's vote. But the faded black comment, and the Ohio State colors feel is enough to say no way.

Going back to get a true matte black strip laid beside this current slightly satin with Sheen for final decision.

Gran Turismo graphix doing the work for 600, and the owner prefers cf or the proposed black here with a little Sheen. I want no reflection
. He didn't even show me matte black yet because he doesn't like it personally I think.

Hispanic and graphic designer so probably a little tendency to be more flashy and in your face than me, tho maybe I'm generalizing there...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
scheduled for tomorrow.... pictures to come tomorrow night... Cruz says he doesn't work with any true matte wraps anymore because the nick up easily. The black i have in the picture here is a hot rock black (if i caught it right), and that's what i'm going with.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Left to right on first pic.Carbon fiber, close to a matte black with light Sheen, or a charcoal matching the abarth badge trim...

I will be following the engine bay hood, not the Fiat recommended heritage stripe up front, but same in back like the white madworks
....because it looks better imhi.... Gotta decide by Wednesday
I'm also looking to do matte/satin black hood and trunk, rather than the heritage stripe style on my white Lusso.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm also looking to do matte/satin black hood and trunk, rather than the heritage stripe style on my white Lusso.
Looks better, doesn't it shark? preserves the original color in the strip along the abarth badge, for more contrast, and mostly the part i don't like about the heritage stripe from fiat is the exposed uncovered area of the engine bay hood. just doesn't look right to me following that line.

Go whole hood and it gives even more room for contrast on the color. Looks best in white i think

·
Registered
3,346 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts