Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the Austin, TX area and looking to buy a 124 Spider THIS FEBRUARY with a manual tranny and the LEDs (other options welcome, not required!)

Interested in 15-20k miles maximum, the less the better.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Let autotrader.com be your friend... none matching your wants in Austin, but a couple within a 100 miles of there:

I just did a search using a random zip code from Austin. No Abarths listed in the city at all. So I expanded the search radius to 100 miles and MT... 2 hits popped up. I tried to post the link to them for you, but for some reason that doesn't work. You can enter the search criteria in a minute flat and see what I was looking at. Pursh the search radius out further and you'll likely find many more. Happy Spider hunting...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Gabriel, you can have my '18 Abarth manual with 6400 miles and most of what EC sells, but that means I have to buy a new one and start again, lol.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,875 Posts
Gabriel, you can have my '18 Abarth manual with 6400 miles and most of what EC sells, but that means I have to buy a new one and start again, lol.
HHEEEEYYYYYYY, now that you mention it. Mine doesn't have LED though, but you will have plenty of room to change them out right now. $30K as-is, $40K if you want me to put it back together. $45K if it runs. $50K if it runs RIGHT. Bank to Bank wire transfer only.

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So can I or not? Does it have LEDs?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
It has everything but Brembos and Recaros, but I paid a fair price for it before all the mods, so It would probably be a terrible deal for me to start over

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
It has everything but Brembos and Recaros, but I paid a fair price for it before all the mods, so It would probably be a terrible deal for me to start over
Why not Rene lol be sporty or get a 4C and join Tom.
Personlly stock seats are confortable

if you miss tthe Red Caliper. just paint them or change the front to Wilwood.
or if you have money ti give away
i ll give you my account no. ??

Reactions: jetlag

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: Aldo

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get a nice 4c or a giulia :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
the lights look nice - when they are off....
when they are on, the daytime LED look kind of like a weird line and out of place
but some people may like that, if you can get it, then be sure to get it
I regret not getting blind spot mirrors
I will manually add the auto dimming rearview mirror out of an ND miata probably this summer

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
269 Posts
What is your price range. Mine has low miles, 6MT and and has the FIAT extended warranty.

Reactions: MiniDreamCar

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Reactions: CDPond

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is your price range. Mine has low miles, 6MT and and has the FIAT extended warranty.
Depends on the milage and packages. Message me here or text me: 787-249-5771

Will buy in February, I am in Austin, TX.

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the lights look nice - when they are off....
when they are on, the daytime LED look kind of like a weird line and out of place
but some people may like that, if you can get it, then be sure to get it
I regret not getting blind spot mirrors
I will manually add the auto dimming rearview mirror out of an ND miata probably this summer
Most have the sensors. They are helpful. I like the rear cross sensors too.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Those are real fix it again Tony cars.
Sorry, but I have to disagree on this one. My ’17 Giulia has been flawless, save for an issue with the infotainment when Sirius trial expired. Sure, some folks have more issues than others, but overall great and reliable car. Cant speak for 4C’s, but the associated forum does not suggest high issue rate either.

Now, the depreciation is another story.

Thx, S

·
Registered
168 Posts
No...nice looking versus gorgeous looking :) they also move when turning! View attachment 74815
View attachment 74816
Find one with the LED headlights.

When I was looking for mine, I wanted them but considered settling for the halogen lights. Everyone on the different FB groups said not to settle. A number of them did and regretted it. Find one with the exact options you want and go the distance if you have to.

I picked up mine in August and it was a little over a 5 hour drive away from me. It had almost everything I wanted. All it was missing were the red seats. I don't regret buying the car at all, but damn I still wish I had those red seats!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

When I was looking for mine, I wanted them but considered settling for the halogen lights. Everyone on the different FB groups said not to settle. A number of them did and regretted it. Find one with the exact options you want and go the distance if you have to.

I picked up mine in August and it was a little over a 5 hour drive away from me. It had almost everything I wanted. All it was missing were the red seats. I don't regret buying the car at all, but damn I still wish I had those red seats!
I agree, in my mind the LED lights are a must, they truly work well. And my red car with red seats is awesome as well

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts

Well, eventually the stock seats will wear out, and when you get them re-covered, you can get the red inserts done then. At least that's my game plan. I have the Recaros with alcantara inserts. The fake leather is holding up okay, but the real leather side bolsters are not wearing well. I expect in two or three years I'll need to go to a local Katzkin shop and get them remade with more durable, robust materials. Now I'll profess pure ignorance on this aspect. I'm hoping that when they get recovered, it can be done without having to remove the seats from the car. After all I've read about the challenge of getting to the mounting bolts, that worries me a bit.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
mini take your time. choose which one you like and start bargaining as if you hate the car. Walk out if you have to. lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts