Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I will definitely not settle! Everything in this car can be upgraded by professionals, except the LEDs and the transmission obviously. Those are the only things I need and I will make it happen!

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
What's the hold up? lol

I did a second search on Autotrader using 300 mile radius from Austin... Abarth, MT. I then removed the ones with more than your desired mileage, and the ones confirmed as not having LED headlights. That left 9 matches, all of which meet the "mileage under 20k miles" criteria, and 4 of which are confirmed LED lights. The other 5 don't provide much for details so you'd need to search the build using the provided VIN from the website to determine the LED headlight component. What colour do you want? Red, black or silver? None had heritage stripes, but if you want that, you can always do the wrap, right? One of the black ones had all the red trim bits added to, if you wanted that.

Then again, I don't take much time to make purchase decisions, but that's just me. Two weeks ago, I decided I should replace my 15 year old SUV. A few days research on current 2020 model year vehicle selection, narrowed it down to five choices, visited the various dealers to look at them and take them for test drives and haggle on pricing, and then made my purchase yesterday afternoon. Now I just need to find a good home for my old Mitsubishi.... she served me faithfully for a long time, but it's the cusp of where she could begin to cost me a lot in maintenance and repairs. Amazing how fast you can remove $60k CAD (45K USD?) from your bank account when you put your mind to it. :)

So if you're ready to buy a Spider, it looks like you need to take a short hop to Houston or Dallas/FW. I tried searching the Austin area, and as far as I can see, there's bugger all used Abarth Spiders out there, and the dealers look like they got a boatload of automatics in their allocation... and none of them are Abarth. Mostly Classica and a few Lussos.

I wish you the best of success in your search, and look foward to seeing photos of your new baby...

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I was looking, autotrader didnt list every dealer. I went to Fiat’s website and search dealer inventory but even Fiats website didn’t list every dealer for some reason.

Good luck shoppin!!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I am most interested in the new one at the local Austin dealer. 2019, MT, LEDs and brembos/sensors.

he said 30k, i asked for 26k, quoting other members getting theirs for 22-25k loaded.

most I can do is 27k for convenience, we will see.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a 2017 MT Abarth for sale. 25k miles. No LED.
$18K. Located in Phoenix AZ. Original female Detroit automotive engineer owner. 1 year factory warranty left.
Over $10k in personal upgrades.
Why am I selling, own a 4c and Giulia Q.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
$18K. Located in Phoenix AZ. Original female Detroit automotive engineer owner. 1 year factory warranty left.
Why am I selling, own a 4c and Giulia Q.
Need the LEDs but good luck!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 2018 Abarth with 16k miles, LED’s and Brembo’s for sale. I will be in Austin this weekend for Super Lap Battle at COTA. I am driving in from NM.

The car has 2019 Miata leather seats, Blackbird roll bar, a steering wheel spacer, MiataSpeed long-stroke Ohlins coilovers, a System One exhaust, and a GFB diverter valve. Let me know if you want to check it out while I am up there.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Why am I selling, own a 4C and Giulia Q.
Ex-FCA? How do you decide what to drive?

I have a Giulia (just a Ti Q4), was considering a 4C, and decided I'd get more overall pleasure from a Spider.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My Abarth will be 1 year old in another five weeks. It has 6,400 miles but I don’t see myself selling it any time soon.

I shopped long and hard upfront to find exactly what I wanted precisely to avoid having to trade it in too soon. I wanted stickshift, LEDs, red interior, Brembo brakes, backup sensors and blind spot monitor, Bose audio; I could go either way on the Heritage Stripe. Fast forward to today: I’m glad I got the stripe, I really like it, but am disappointed with the sound quality of the Bose audio. The entire Mazda infotainment system is crap IMO.

The cars has had one oil change, and the water pump was replaced twice under warranty —had to be towed. But all in all I love the car: love the way it looks, feels, sounds and drives.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts