Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few days I have seen this light on the instrument panel, and I can not find it in the owners manual book or digital form. Anyone seen this before and/or know what this means?

·
Registered
696 Posts
A wrench has fallen down to the belly pan in the engine bay!

Seriously this is only a service reminder. Either the oil change and / or tires permutation. As state by Arthur check in the maintenance menu in the Info System you will get the detailed message.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,144 Posts
Oh on my 2017 I had to pump the accelerator with key on engine off three times within 30sec to clear the wrench. Also clear out the maintenance reminders as stated above.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I have had this on since I bought the car. Tried everything that I could find in the manual and on here to make it go away. It wont.

For what it's worth, here's the blurb from the Owner's Manual, and my apology in advance if you've already followed these steps to the letter. The comments below in white text and surrounded by "< >" brackets are my own, and not what was in the manual. If you're not getting a reset on the wrench light, one quick thing to check is if any of your service itnterval settings in the Infotainment System is making the light come on... in other words, see if there's an option showing under the oil change maintenace that allows you to reset the distance and/or oil life % to start over. For vehicles that have this setting in the maintenance area in their Infotainment System, it needs to be reset after each oil change is completed.... as well as the process outlined below. Hope this helps....

Reset Method
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. The “Oil Change Required” message will flash in the instrument cluster display for approximately ten seconds after a single chime has sounded to indicate the next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate, dependent upon your personal driving style. Unless reset, this message will continue to display each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position. To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the following procedure

1. Place the ignition in the ON position.
<this means pressing the start button twice, without pressing your foot on the brake or clutch pedal>
(Do not start the engine.)
2. Fully push the accelerator pedal
slowly to the floor, three times within ten
seconds.
3. Place the ignition in the OFF/LOCK
<this means pressing the start button one more time to shut everything off>
position.

Note: If the indicator message
illuminates when you start the vehicle,
the oil change indicator system did not
reset. If necessary, repeat this
procedure.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just got this light on but don't need the maintenance.
Video was helpful yet I went to my infotainment under settings and was able to reset it there as well.
I get oil changes every 2000k so I don't necessarily follow the typical maintenance program as I am more strict with my fuels and oils.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I hear you... I try to do mine at 5,000 km intervals, and I do them myself. I was dumb enough to pre-purchase 10 changes when I bought the car, but after the first two... and especially after spending a boatload of cash on an aluiminum oil filter billet cap that I had anodized, I don't want someone detroying the finish on the cap.... or dribbling oil over my engine. So I now pick up the supplies from the dealer, and they record the service as being complete as if they'd done the work there. I'm happy. They're happy. It's all good.

I could be wrong (and often am), but I think clearing the light on the dash is done by the gas pedal process, and the one in the Infotainment System deals with the nag message that pops up on it when the maintenance period you enter comes close to maturity. Theoretically, for those that aren't as dilligent as we are with oil/filter changes, you could set the maintenance period way out in the future and a crazy amount of kilometers... but if the sensors think the oil is in bad shape, that too will trigger a warning. Not applicable to those that do regular and frequent oil changes, but for others it would be a last resort warning to deal with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.