Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, thanks for all the help and advice offered on this site since I joined, its greatly appreciated. Anyone able to tell me how to lose this symbol on the dash, even thought the tyres are in great condition and correctly inflated?! Big thanks, GB
Font Material property Rectangle Symbol Circle

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
OK.... so pump tyres to required pressure (all 4 tyres should be the same psi).
Then (with the car switched on and stationery), press and hold the TPMS button located in the lower dash panel by your right knee. Hold until the dashboard warning light beeps once (~5 seconds).

Remember to repeat this procedure every time you (re) inflate your tyres !!!

The 124 does not have TPMS sensors in each wheel. Tyre pressure fluctuations are calculated by relative wheel rotation using on-board timing sensors.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I will add that the basic system is very sensitive. The alarm will go off if even one of the tires is a pound and a half off from the other three.

In addition, the alarm will go off if driving quickly on a rough or pot holed road. You cannot reset the system on the fly. You need to come to a complete stop, push and hold the button, then wait for the beep and flash…a procedure that is not user friendly when traveling on an expressway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK.... so pump tyres to required pressure (all 4 tyres should be the same psi).
Then (with the car switched on and stationery), press and hold the TPMS button located in the lower dash panel by your right knee. Hold until the dashboard warning light beeps once (~5 seconds).

Remember to repeat this procedure every time you (re) inflate your tyres !!!

The 124 does not have TPMS sensors in each wheel. Tyre pressure fluctuations are calculated by relative wheel rotation using on-board timing sensors.
Perfect! Done and fixed. I appreciate your help. GB

·
Registered
407 Posts
Should be an easy fix...... do you have a 124 or an Abarth ? Process is different depending on the model you have.
You realize Abarths are also 124s?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I certainly do realise that Abarths are also 124s. The OP understood my question and is happy with the resolution. Of course it's easier to understand the differentiation in Europe as Fiat/Abarth are 2 distinct brands. Not sure what happened in the USA.
Abarth has never had a presence here so FCA decided to sell the Abarth as the top trim level. If you tell people it is an Abarth 124 when they ask what the car is, it REALLY confuses them...lol.

Reactions: Arthur
1 - 11 of 11 Posts