Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry, but I can't help but to make the joke...

"That's what happens when they install your blinker fluid pump backwards."

I mirror the earlier advice of checking the seals. It could be as simple as the clips on the lens housing not being fully seated (though the water should also be showing as a short to the electrical system)...

·
Banned
425 Posts
clearly not right . Back to the dealer so he can fix it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I would inspect the seal around the 3rd brake light. I don't know how else water would be getting in there.

My neighborhood do-it-yourself car wash has two sprayer setting choices:

1. Blast the paint off your car with 1000 psi
2. Kind and gentle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No this is just from the hose at my house. And its not like I am spraying water under the trunk lid.

So far no shorts or actual problems with the lights. The seals look fine as far as i can tell.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Check the drain holes under the trunk for clogging ..

No this is just from the hose at my house. And its not like I am spraying water under the trunk lid.

So far no shorts or actual problems with the lights. The seals look fine as far as i can tell.
There are four drain holes on the bottom side of the trunk.. There is a water drain rail, just before the trunk latch with two holes left and right at the ends. Check these with a pipe cleaner or other tool to make sure they are free of any shavings from the factory.

Now stick your head way under the trunk lid, and look at the ends of the trunk. There again you will find two more drain holes, that need to be examined and checked.

Just a thought. you never know.

Cyberbill, Austin, Tx.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That's an amazing suggestion above ^

Either way, get that water out of there. Corroding connections can lead to more headaches later on. Not only that, but it'll create a mucky mess inside of the housing and hinder light output which also sucks.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Way back when we had a very simple solution for water in the tail lights etc.....drill a 1/8inch hole in the bottom or middle of the lens, let it drain baby...end of issue....seals or no seals....get the water out of there....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Way back when we had a very simple solution for water in the tail lights etc.....drill a 1/8inch hole in the bottom or middle of the lens, let it drain baby...end of issue....seals or no seals....get the water out of there....
Ill mess with it a bit but it may just come to that.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Can't go wrong...let it drain baby...water will find a way...why fight it...do you want to stop it coming in...or let it drain...
isn't that why they make gutters....

·
Registered
560 Posts
Before I'd start drilling holes I'd take the car to a dealer. This thing called a warranty. It's their responsibly to fix.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Before I'd start drilling holes I'd take the car to a dealer. This thing called a warranty. It's their responsibly to fix.
Totally agree. But if all else fails, get the drill out!!! I have been in the "business" for longer than I care to remember, and I'll tell you this is a very minor issue that dealers and their service departments would rather blow off than actually fix. Best they would do is replace the light assemblies. And if the problem persists, get the drill out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts