Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Curiously/annoyingly the ePer parts catalogue shows a different part number 55284051 but no indication of any change over time. It is common to very many other Fiat models as well as Alfa Romeo and Lancia. I don't know why the US Mopar catalogue sometimes has completely different part numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
This type of stuff has been in my business profile for almost 40 years, not cars but IT.

Part number changes can be significant, subtle or merely an indicator of where the part was sourced from but otherwise exactly the same. You wont know unless you have a deep knowledge of part number generation within the organisation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got my 2018 Classica back with new water pump and hose, two weeks total to get parts and install, supposedly they worked on it two days straight once the parts came. No issues, other than a little dirt on the door panel from getting in and out and dirty from sitting outside for that long. Dealer did call me to make sure I hadn't added the wrong coolant, and it came back filled to the mark with the same color green so at least that should be good. Overall better experience than the dealer I bought it from, although I will still do my own oil changes.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts