Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Administrator
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Community Members,

We are very excited to announce that we are live from the new platform! We have been working hard over the past few months with leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you and your community. We have leveraged XenForo tools and features but added layers of modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and overall be more reliable. All of the valuable and informative content archived within your community is still here, even though the layout may look a bit different. Check out some of the new improvements:

Engage with your community wherever you are and on the go!
The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and reliability are the foundation of this new platform.
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

Easy to use and navigate.
We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed the clutter. The collapsed menu by your profile avatar will provide easy access to the most popular topics as well as Showcase and Gallery to view the latest photos from your fellow members.

Show off your own collection.
We have introduced “My Showcase” for you to build and display images of your own collection or wish list to the rest of the community. This is your opportunity to upload often and share your passion!

Feel the pulse of the community.
Your home page now features the most active topics, viewed photos, recommended reading and top contributing members. This will help keep you the most up to date on what’s happening in your community.

Search.
We have introduced new and powerful search algorithms that should help you find your information faster. Depending on the size of your community and volume of archived content; our search indexing tool may take a number of hours to complete. During the migration process, you may see a limited number of posts made by users. Also. the search thread/post/user tools will only be servicing recent content until indexing has been completed. We appreciate your patience.

These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Please take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform, Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!

~ Community Support

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Looks good so far, thank you.

·
Administrator
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good so far, thank you.
Thanks! Let us know if you have any questions. We are still tweaking a a few things so if you notice anything broken please let us know. If you see anything missing you would like to see added to the site do also let us know in this thread.
-Philip

·
Registered
285 Posts
Looks good so far...thanks for all the back end work you guys did...one comment...the ad for "LOGIN to your account" is confusing and will drive users to download more software they may or may not need. Ads are one thing, but this goes beyond that in a not great way.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I am enjoying dark mode.

·
Administrator
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like a New Post button in header. Hard to find under "popular"
Thank you for your feedback. We are still early in all of this so updates and new features will be added over time. for now, the way to find new posts is by the following.

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the trending button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to “mark forums read” on that same page.

If it will make it easier for you, you could save the link to new posts as a favorite in your browser.

Let me know if you have more questions. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
285 Posts
Also liking dark mode!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Is there a way to change font colors in signatures? Some colors work better than others in Dark Mode, so I need to change colors.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I stupidly asked this in another forum as I didn't originally see this thread, but are there going to be inline ads even when logged in? I'm seeing one every 4 or 5 posts in each thread. In the old forum these did not appear if you were logged in.

And yes, I'd pay a subscription fee to go ad free!

·
Administrator
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there a way to change font colors in signatures? Some colors work better than others in Dark Mode, so I need to change colors.
I will have to mess around with this to find out if we can or not. Currently, some colors are displaying because it carried over the signatures from the old platform.

Is there a version of the old "Active Topics"...I feel lost! I tried the "trending" button, but that doesn't produce the same results at all.
The trending topics should be pretty close to the same as our old active topics. Have you tried the "new posts" tab instead?

I stupidly asked this in another forum as I didn't originally see this thread, but are there going to be inline ads even when logged in? I'm seeing one every 4 or 5 posts in each thread. In the old forum these did not appear if you were logged in.

And yes, I'd pay a subscription fee to go ad free!

View attachment 71876
They have tried to keep ads as simple as possible but we are listening to the feedback. Premium accounts may be an option in the future with the new platform, so I’ll pass that feedback along to the product team.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thank you for this. It works. Dark mode is the bomb. I really like that the app is the same on all devices. The trophies are pretty cool. Well done.

Dan

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Da*n @124SpiderAdmin this really sucks 😁. So many new features. I’m like a kid in the candy store right now. It’s dark ages to dark mode. Gotta get back and find out what else I can find.

Dan

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Wasn’t on the new site more than 30 seconds and I found dark mode. Very nice. Been on two minutes..I’ll post back with any attaboys or critiques.
Aloha mike

1 - 20 of 130 Posts