Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am chomping at the bit to add a boost gauge and an Aeroforce Interceptor to my 124. Does anyone know if there is anyone working on a gauge pod for this car? Where would we even put a gauge pod? Maybe the A-pillar is the only viable solution.

This boost gauge from Speedhut would match my dash nicely.

The Aeroforce Interceptor with white display would also be a nice addition.

Madness sells an excellent solution for the 500 Abarth. I'm hoping something like this comes out for the 124.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No indication on timeline, but I received this from CravenSpeed today. I'm very excited about this.

Hey David,

We are definitely working on gauge mount solutions for both the 124 and Miata.

-Logan

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm not a fan of mounting gauges on the steering column, but CravenSpeed offers a nice looking universal mount.

http://www.cravenspeed.com/the-belmont/
Oh boy. I am not a fan of that either... I think the easiest solution would be if FIAT added a "Performance" tab on the infotainment display. They could do a lot more then just boost gages and temps. They could do 0-60, 1/4 mile times, G force display... could be awesome and customizable.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh boy. I am not a fan of that either... I think the easiest solution would be if FIAT added a "Performance" tab on the infotainment display. They could do a lot more then just boost gages and temps. They could do 0-60, 1/4 mile times, G force display... could be awesome and customizable.
I'm not a fan of that, either. I'm hoping my email from CravenSpeed today means that they will come out with something like this for our cars:

http://www.cravenspeed.com/the-flexpod-gauge-mount-for-subaru/

I would not want gauges in the infotainment screen, it's too far from my view of the road.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone hearing anything new about gauge pods for the car?

I tried the Aeroforce Interceptor from my Dart in my 124, and it isn't working. This surprised me. It's the correct Interceptor model, CNCDT, but it doesn't have the latest firmware, so maybe that's the issue. I don't know that I want to buy a new one only to find out it doesn't work.

Speedhut has a small line of OBD2 CAN bus gauges, check out this cool looking IAT gauge:

http://www.speedhut.com/gauge/GFW2-INTK-01/15/Freedom-CAN-BUS-Intake-Temp-Gauge-50-160F-(w--warning)

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'd like the ability to swap between the nearly useless water temp gauge or even the fuel level and a boost gauge.

·
Registered
476 Posts
what would be kewl is someone to designs a programmable guage. it would be wireless and you can send what ever info you want to it from an odbII plug in connector and use ur cell to program or change what is sent to the guage/screen. and a-pillar mounted would be great.

·
Super Moderator
949 Posts
I'll second that! Especially if it included oil pressure and temp.. The 124 is my first turbocharged car, so what else do we need?
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I want boost and IAT. We can get both from OBD2, but boost from OBD2 will hit an output ceiling of 22.7 psi. So, I want to install an actual boost gauge in the car.

OBD2 won't include oil pressure.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what would be kewl is someone to designs a programmable guage. it would be wireless and you can send what ever info you want to it from an odbII plug in connector and use ur cell to program or change what is sent to the guage/screen. and a-pillar mounted would be great.
I'll second that! Especially if it included oil pressure and temp.. The 124 is my first turbocharged car, so what else do we need?
Best regards
Pete
You guys should look into these products from PLX and AEM. These aren't the route I want to go, though.

https://www.plxdevices.com/OBD-OBD2-OBDII-Touch-Screen-Multi-Gauge-p/897346002436.htm
http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=products/gauges/digital-gauges/X-Series/OBDII

·
Registered
476 Posts
they are close to what i was looking for but was hoping for no wires to the guage, but a wireless signal from obd pod to guage. which also means the guage needs to be rechargable and most probably wouldn't want that.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I like! You can select your own brand of gauges too!!!!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
darn the links don't work...take me to the site but no info....
Oops, those links probably only work for me. Here's some pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 35 Posts