Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,276 Posts
Well, the OP did state not swapping anything out as he knew of those and they cost money. It was a question of what could be removed for $0 to reduce weight.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Awhile ago I came across a thread about the battery, but the exact recommended battery had been discontinued, and there were conflicted opinions as to what other battery would work and still provide significant weight savings.

Could someone please provide links for the exact battery that will work on a Spider, and for the bracket?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Awhile ago I came across a thread about the battery, but the exact recommended battery had been discontinued, and there were conflicted opinions as to what other battery would work and still provide significant weight savings.

Could someone please provide links for the exact battery that will work on a Spider, and for the bracket?

Thanks in advance!
I think we are talking about the same thing here.......The thread was Brian Goodwin (good-Win Racing) talking about the lightweight "Braille B2015 GM 15 lbs (part-147-B2015 ) L6.8" x W3.4" x H6.1".....425 cold crank, 574 crank and 1067 pulse crank, Brian was making his own bracket but Braille do a made to fit battery bracket so you save massive weight and don't do your back and fingertips in trying to lift out original 39.4 lb monster !
Now I know all this as i went on to research size and price.then, read 21st Century 124 Spider thread on this to find at the end Dan states.......for those not racing or something similar) not worth the cost, better off sticking with original, so I didn't bother. The Braille has a 3 year warranty and it seems must be left on charge as it is not good as a daily driver, nor in cold conditions. Braille Aluminium battery Mounting Kit - 147-211
Having lifted my battery out with difficulty ,not impressed with it's weight, lack of carrying handle and top up caps in 2020, also reading that these batteries are out of date stuff that Fiat was getting cheap I was looking to fit something more suitable to a sleek Sports car. I looked at other Brands "Exide EFB 027 EL 600 (product code 444 779050 stood out but was still 34llbs and as my battery works fine ...I have done nothing, except now am able to pass on my finding which are hopefully useful to someone.
The Braille and bracket look fantastic (one above in Goodwin photo) and I may consider when mine dies in order to save my back and fingers. Cheers
ron

·
Registered
309 Posts
How much does your pug weigh, Ron? 🐶
My chap is one of two chaps, a Boston Terrier and The Pug......The story is...yep, another story....I took him for his annual MOT test (Vet check) and He said (the Vet, not the Pug) Overweight,cut his food ! I said "Horlick" ! my boy is only fed all in one dog food 55 grams twice a day, No Extra's, so I am not cutting his food down.
Got home, told the wife of the Vets cheek and she said " Sorry,I know you don't like it but..I have been giving him treats as he is hungry all the time, cake, spuds, crisps ! He was 32 lbs, so....I returned to the Vets, said sorry and put the b*gger on a diet...Not the Vet, Nor the Wife but The Pug and now he is 26 Lbs fit and fast (for a Pug that is).
The Boston Terrier eats more than the Pug but is built like a racing split pin !
26 lbs is top of the range but he is "Mike Tyson" build, solid and from excellent stock. IMG_2702.JPG

Cheers

·
Registered
493 Posts
So which dog gets more car rides? Does one favor the Spider?

Our two little Cubans together weigh less than either of your dogs.
Each receives about 120 ml of dog food daily. While I only give them
one treat per day, others in the household seem to enjoy augmenting.

Enjoyment of car rides depends on destination. Going home is tops.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts