Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, it's December already. What are you giving your 124 child for Christmas?

As I complete my project, which is to make my U.S. Gelato White 124 Abarth look like the one you can order in Europe, the only thing I'm missing is the little round "red" tow eye cover for the grill. Yeah, I can get it painted, but I want Santa to find me a parts supplier who offers the real deal.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Attachments

Reactions: bffmike

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Heritage blackouts I think ;)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I gave my 124 spider an OWNER, instead spending winter in an outside cold lot with the other Orphan Fiats, she Name and is in a warm shelter. I filled her belly with Gas and before Xmas I'll shine her up. Ok, I'll hand up an old sock on the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Seat back (roll bar) bezels, red 124 grille badge, stubby antenna, muffler delete already installed. I keep looking out for that UPS truck with anticipation like a kid on Xmas morning. Great fun. Forgot to mention GFB DV+ diverter valve also installed.
No more power, but a nice improvement in drivability (6 Spd).

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have already given her a clear bra, an Alfa of Austin license plate frame, a Texas A&M emblem, a Weathertech cargo liner, Cobalt hood lift kit, a EuroCompulsion V1 intake, an EDL, a GFB DV+, a K&N filter and a CravenSpeed stubby antennae. What more could she want?

Oh yeah, she is also getting an Auterra Dyno-Scan.

Reactions: Godina

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Well I gave her top of the line blanket so she can stay warm while hibernating. :x

Attachments

Reactions: racergary

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have already given her a clear bra, an Alfa of Austin license plate frame, a Texas A&M emblem, a Weathertech cargo liner, Cobalt hood lift kit, a EuroCompulsion V1 intake, an EDL, a GFB DV+, a K&N filter and a CravenSpeed stubby antennae. What more could she want?

You are burning money just like me. Are you satisfied with the quality (and fit) of the Weathertech cargo liner? I was hoping to find something which covered more of the trunk than just the bottom, but it seems Weathertech is about the only thing on the market right now.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts

Are you happy with the V1 intake and have you noticed any diff in extra 5HP. tia

·
Registered
560 Posts
Are you happy with the V1 intake and have you noticed any diff in extra 5HP. tia
Frankmar - Curious to know what JFernald thinks as well. I've only done the V1 upgrade on the engine so far. The biggest difference I noticed was that the turbo seems to sound a little louder. Could be my imagination I suppose, but I don't recall hearing it at all before I put the V1 in. As for feel - I don't really notice much difference but 5 HP is pretty subtle. On the other hand, 5 hp covers the difference between the Abarth and Lusso and it looks very nice under the hood (mine is in red). I'm hoping the slight change now will be additive when I eventually add more.

·
Registered
958 Posts
You are burning money just like me. Are you satisfied with the quality (and fit) of the Weathertech cargo liner? I was hoping to find something which covered more of the trunk than just the bottom, but it seems Weathertech is about the only thing on the market right now.
LBJ,

I was hoping for a full edge to edge liner like the one in my Outback. I was disappointed that it only covered the well. But, it is a perfect fit and of higher quality than any other I have seen. There is another manufacturer of high quality liners, but they don't make them for the Fiat. The brand is "Husky." They are U.S. made.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I don't recall what I noticed when I installed the V1. Perhaps I commented on it in an earlier thread right after I had installed it. I installed the GFB DV+ shortly before the V1, so it kind of all runs together now. I do remember that it seemed to pull smoother and the turbo came on quicker, but that may have been the DV+. The EDL made such a huge difference that the others got kind of washed out in my mind.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just got my Abarth mug and Fiat pen from the Fiatstore, free shipping on Black Friday deal :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Now I have to do Xmas shopping for humans, not so much the car. I was thinking of getting the sun shade which covers the canvas roof and all four windows. Saw one online at 500Madness.

Attachments

Reactions: oliverpull

·
Registered
96 Posts
GFB DV+ really worth it? Like whole-new-car different? From an earlier thread I thought @Greg said it wouldn't really make too much difference until my current valve had worn out.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
good point, but . . .

GFB DV+ really worth it? Like whole-new-car different? From an earlier thread I thought @Greg said it wouldn't really make too much difference until my current valve had worn out.
My logic is why wait? It's a better part than the stock one, and some drivers (Brian Goodwin) posted that they thought the power delivery was smoother. It's hard for me to tell, this is my first turbocharged car and I'm still impressed with the midrange rush. $139 isn't very much money for a well-made part and the 500 Abarth crew love it. I'll be sure to share my experience. although I don't expect much change.
Pete

1 - 20 of 76 Posts